Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

Integrating Alarm Systems

THis is something that I have not done much with and have a couple clients interested in doing more thanjust the basic Arm/Disarm stuff. In the past I've integrated the Ademco Vista Module and that was about it....

THis particular client want to be able to set the system to OFF.. Easy, Away... Easy... But then want 2 different Stay modes.. One with Some motions active and one with no motions active.... and also a "Chime" mode for doors.... (Does not want chimes when system is DIsarmed)

I would assume these Modes would be set up int he Alarm system programming and not necessarily my AMX code.

Will a Basic Ademco VIsta 20 do this? Can you access these modes though a standard Keypad interface?

ANy guidence would be Apreciated.

Thanks

John

Comments

• Impaqt wrote:
    THis particular client want to be able to set the system to OFF.. Easy, Away... Easy... But then want 2 different Stay modes.. One with Some motions active and one with no motions active....

and also a "Chime" mode for doors.... (Does not want chimes when system is DIsarmed)

Not sure that I've seen two stay modes before. Maybe some form of away arm with certain motions bypassed. That would take a string of keypad pushes.

On the second part, how can you have a chime mode in the armed state only? As soon as you open the door the keypad will start beeping wanting a disarm code.

Kevin D.
  • Vista 20 Partitioning

What you can do with the Vista 20 is to use the partition portion of the Vista Panel. The Vista 20 has 3 partitions, put some of the motions in partition 2, and others in partition 3. That way you can arm that partition separately from the others, and can also be done by user code.
  • DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    I talk my clients out of a disarm capacity every time. My opinion is you should need to be on site, at the alarm keypad to disarm a system, and anything more than that is just a potential security breach waiting to happen.

That said, I've only had any real experience with integrating the Napco Gemini, and that was minimal (plugged in the AMX comm module, slapped together a UI, and that was it).
  • ImpaqtImpaqt Posts: 155
    I think I described the "Chime" mode they want wrong. They want to be able to have the system set up so they can can full Disarm... Silent. ANd Disarmed with the Typical CHime whena DOor is opened....

I'll have the alarm guy set the partitions up for the motions. THat sounds like a good plan.

THanks
  • We never found a way for an ademco panel to take away the beeping from a disarm warning. Sounds like a dangerous way to not even know it was on.

In that situation we wound up putting a toggle switch going to the keypad speaker. "Flip this up if you are going to be sleeping and don't want your daughter coming home and waking you up".

Kevin D.