Home AMX User Forum AMX Technical Discussion
Options

AMX Muse

2»

Comments

• Options

@George Krietsepis said:
    What a pity and how unfair is AMX to not give us the choice to keep using the traditional NetLinx language with the Muse Controllers.

I am unsure of what you are referring to. AMX is committed to making the NX product line for several more years. Rolling out a new platform will take time, and we are not planning on stopping Netlinx while there is still demand for the product line. You should continue to specify the NX platform where it makes sense for your projects. Nothing about the recent announcement indicated "sudden death" or an immediate change to the NX platform.

@KielL - yes, it is shocking how much I appreciate the speed of deployment within Muse.

• Options

Wasn't there some mention previously about a refresh to the NX controllers as well?

• Options

@emdx71 said:
    Wasn't there some mention previously about a refresh to the NX controllers as well?

Yes, there was a key component shortage that would have required a change, but the component availability issue resolved itself and ultimately dictated that no refresh was needed at this time.

• Options

I noticed that the Muse controllers switched to eMMC for storage instead of MicroSD. Would be great if the NX line did the same. MicroSD is not a long term solution.

• Options

@HARMAN_Chris
    -- I'm currently trying to acquire the hardware for testing and have applied for the beta program as well.
    Could you provide some insight into what we can expect moving forward?
    Specifically, when might the software be available, and when can we expect to acquire the hardware for testing (UK)?
    I've reached out to local distributors, but there's been no response - they're not even returning calls.

• Options

@PeterScream , the beta program was extremely limited in numbers. I am not part of that study and thus am unable to comment on whether it is ongoing, or completed. Hardware is currently shipping, but demand is quite high as you might expect. Multiple US developers I have been in contact with ordered the MU-1000 and have already received units. Others I have talked to who placed orders for the MU-1300 were told it is on backorder and they should expect to receive their shipment before the end of October. In what seems like a rare achievement in AV manufacturing these days.... inventory was at the US warehouse when the product announcement was made and boxes started shipping out as orders came in. I would anticipate minimal transit delay to make it to our international distributor warehouses, but the nice thing is that this is not one of those product announcements whereby a manufacturer announces something will ship in 90 days, only for you to wait 30-60 additional days for that boat to make it to your port and fill a warehouse shelf.

As for software - my personal expectation is that the VSCode plugin will be published to the web this week. The extension has been ready for quite some time and in fact, was accidently published in the VS Code Extension Marketplace 18 months ago by the developer... and then quietly removed. I will inquire with the group who posts files to the web to see if we can expedite this. You will also want the programming manual - even if it is considered "draft." As for Muse Automator, a firmware update planned for end of October release should enable this capability and I expect the software to release in conjunction with the supporting device firmware. It is important to note that Muse Automator version and hardware firmware version are mated pairs and need to update together as time goes on.

• Options
    qtbxxscqtbxxsc Posts: 13

@HARMAN_Chris Seeing that the MUSE Extension on the website has been published but prompted to buy, can I download Extension on VSC only if I buy a MU host?

• Options

@qtbxxsc We do not sell product from our website, so this is a confusing post. Feel free to post a screenshot, but I am not having the same experience when I attempt to download from here:
    https://www.amx.com/en-US/softwares/muse-extension-for-vs-code-v1-2-11