Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware
Options

G3 panel refresh

I am currently working with a G3 series AXT-CG10 color touch panel.

My issue is that sometimes the panel (on its own decision) does a full page
panel refresh when I send a command for activating only a popup page.
Other times, the panel activates the popup like it should, without the annoying full-page refresh.

My background design is somewhat graphically intense, and all of my popups are in a single group. The page processing and commands work fine.

Maybe there is a memory issue or something going on. My popups are over 50%
of the screen image also.

Is there a published limit or threshold that the panel uses to determine if it will just process the popup graphic, or the popup along with the page refresh?

Any ideas?

If only the client would spring for a G4!!!!

Comments

• Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    I can't answer your question, but the tack I would take is simply to tell the customer that they are approaching the limits of the panel. If they would like a cleaner appearance (and a boatload of other graphical niceties), they need to upgrade.
  • Options
    Thomas HayesThomas Hayes Posts: 1,164
    I have yet to see a published limit but I have seen the problem(on my home panel) that can take up to 2 secs(seems longer) to load all my bitmap images for the Sat. Have you tried more memory?
  • Options
    Does the panel "refresh" as in the graphics scroll from top to bottom actually redrawing the background, or do you get all of your pop-ups and pages popping up and then closing?

Never mind....I read your post and saw that you have your pop-ups in a group...blows my theory...
  • Options
    VLCNCRZRVLCNCRZR Posts: 216
    getting closer....

It seems that the video window portion of the popup is the primary
    culprit for my issue. I removed the window, and everything works
    100% of the time.

I scanned through software history and found this issue listed for some other
    panels of this family, but it was supposedly rectified with updated firmware.

I believe I have the most current firmware version on this panel.
    Although the AMX web site lists firmware for this series (AXT-CA/CV/CG),
    firmware transfer does not recognize the listed files as proper files for this panel.
    The FG number is different just enough that it wont fly.

I may have to call Tech Support to get the correct file.

Thanks for the responses.