Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

IP camera with 7 frames per second

Hello, we are having a really hard time finding an IP camera that will provide around 7 frames per second to the 5" and 7" modero panels.

We tried the Bosch cameras and we were only able to get 1 FPS which is not accpetable.

AMX says that they don't know of any IP cameras that will provide better than 1 FPS

So my question is, does anyone know of any IP cameras that will provide approx 7 Frames per second to these panels?

Comments

• jjamesjjames Posts: 2,908
    Channel Vision

Have you looked into Channel Vision's cameras? I've used them once, and on an internal network they would get up to 30fps, but only could get 1fps on an 8400 - the limitation of the panel. Anyway, viewing from a remote location, it would drop down to around 10-12fps.

Hope this help.
  • joecjoec Posts: 55
    Thanks for the fast reply. I understand the 1 FPS on the wireless panels. But you were able to get 10-12fps to a 5" or 7" modero panel using only the network stream from the IP camera? THANKS
    jjames wrote:
    Have you looked into Channel Vision's cameras? I've used them once, and on an internal network they would get up to 30fps, but only could get 1fps on an 8400 - the limitation of the panel. Anyway, viewing from a remote location, it would drop down to around 10-12fps.

Hope this help.
    ANd I forgot to mention that the cameras will be on the local network. But also at times viewed from the internet.

If we can get 10fps on the local ip cameras, we would be very happy...
  • You could try a conventional video camera with AXIS mjpeg server.

Do a google search for AXIS.
  • viningvining Posts: 4,368
    I like the axis cameras too! And if you want to run inexpensive comp vid type cameras you can buy an AXIS mjeg video server and select your inputs with a switcher.

For indoor use the AXIS 260 mjpeg cam has excellant PQ and is just over $300.00 no PTZ.
    Yes, thanks. I know we get great frame rates when using the AXIS servers. I was trying to avoind the extra expenses of the video server though
    THANKS
    B_Clements wrote:
    You could try a conventional video camera with AXIS mjpeg server.

Do a google search for AXIS.
  • yuriyuri Posts: 861
    Sony has some IP cameras which can be controlled and viewed through IP :)
    Hello,
    Are you able to get 7+ fps to the 5"-7" touch panel with these cameras?
    Thanks
    yuri wrote:
    Sony has some IP cameras which can be controlled and viewed through IP :)