Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion
Options

Playstation 3

2»

Comments

• Options
    Jorde_VJorde_V Posts: 393
    the8thst wrote: »
    The Audio Authority is the same as the RE-BL and twice the price. The above hex code triggers the power off macro in the converter, but is not an actual command to the PS3.
    vining wrote: »
    I would imagine those hex codes are specific to the AA device to make the AA device control the PS3 via bluetooth or USB.

I would think the same applies to the RE-BL X device and the Harmony remote codes it lists are specific to REBL and availble in the Harmony database so their remotes can control the REBL interface.

I need the specific macro or HEX codes for the Harmony (Logitech) PS3 interface. I have all the other commands but the power off and the macro I found that is supposed power off the PS3 doesn't seem to work.

Like I said, I don't know the PS3 commands. Have you tried using the controller to see what buttons you need to press on that? Maybe you can create a macro using that?
  • Options
    m.Bernerm.Berner Posts: 16
    Logitech Harmony PS3 Controll "Discrete OFF" command

Im testing here with the Logitech Harmony Adapter for Playstation 3.

The Power Off command is not a discrete command, its just a macro, that works on the Harmony remote.
    But the command is to long, so its not working on AMX.

The macro works like that.

"PS Button" ---> press for 2 seconds

"Down Button" ---> press 5 times, every 0.5 seconds

"Up Button" ---> press 1 Time

"X Button" ---> press 2 Times

So im doing this maco in my AMX code.

I had to learn the long "PS button" push with the IR learner.
    For the first Command: SET_PULSE_TIME (20)
    for the next few commands : SET_PULSE_TIME (2)

Its not cool, but it works.

I switch off the display first, so the customer won't see anything of this :-)

Manuel