Home AMX User Forum AMX Design Tools
Options

Bad Axcent3, any suggestions?

Okay, here's a strange one...I'm updating an old residential system that has an Axcent3 and a 1-way Viewpoint. The owner purchased 3 new TVs for the headwall above his bigscreen. The original integrator had stacked IR devices, leaving me to rebuild an IR library file so I could incorporate the new TV commands. After loading and testing, I could not get any IR commands above channel 60 working from code, but I could actuate them through IREdit. I decided to try and recapture the offending codes and redownload them to the master. The first device took, the second 2 gave me the error 'Failed to Clear Memory'. Multiple attempts to download resulted in the same message, so I pulled the master, removed the batteries for a few minutes and put everything back together. I got the solid 'No Program' light on the Axlink, which I expected.
I tried reloading the .TKO file, but it wouldn't communicate. I opened terminal and where you would normally see the '>', it said 'Axcent 3 0.20 >' I typed 'Help' and what appeared was not the standard help menu. I didn't write it down, but it had stuff mentioning bytes to type to transfer at 38k and 115k and about 3 or 4 more commands. The standard terminal commands didn't work, so I tried reloading the firmware.
It connected and froze at '133k Transferred'. I tried this a few times, same result.

Did I kill it? Can it be brought back, or should I start looking at eBay?

Thanks!

Joe

Comments

• Options
    vincenvincen Posts: 526
    I would suspect Flash RAM of controller is damaged or in an unexpected state. Only way to get it back to life unhappy is probably return it to AMX for flash format :(
    Did you try to reload firmware ? so long you don't destroy boot firmware you should be able to reload firmware in it ;)

Vince