Home AMX User Forum NetLinx Modules & Duet Modules

R4 Comm Module

Hello,

I think I may have found a bug in the R4 Comm Module and wanted to throw it out here as a heads up, or maybe someone will tell me something I am missing.

I have an R4 remote that is controlling a bedroom system. The bathroom and deck off of this bedroom are separate audio zones. At the homeowners request, I added pages to control audio in these two additional zones on the R4. Thinking I was being smart I made the hard buttons for volume, mute, and power have different channel codes for the pages that are in the other rooms so I can map the hard buttons to different button events by what page they are on, instead of tracking it in code.

The volume and mute functions seem to be working fine. When I turn the power off for the room that I am controlling it works - the first time. The second time it does not.

Think this is strange I watched the push messages coming from the system. When the power button is pressed the first time, it comes from the virtual device, just as expected. Every time after that, it comes from the physical device.

This is only true in the rooms where I changed the hard power button to override the global setting in TPD4.

If anyone understands what I am saying, or can tell me I am doing something wrong - I would appreciate it. In the meantime I guess I will have to modify the code a bit...

Comments

• Spire_JeffSpire_Jeff Posts: 1,917
    Is there any chance you are doing a page flip when they push the power button that is taking them away from the page? I have not noticed any problem like you are describing and I am currently working on a job with 5 R4s. I am not overriding the power button, but I am overriding some of the other buttons. Does this problem present itself on any buttons other than the power button? When this problem occurs, have you tried pushing any other buttons to see if they are working as expected?

Jeff
  • davieodavieo Posts: 42
    Is there any chance you are doing a page flip when they push the power button that is taking them away from the page? I have not noticed any problem like you are describing and I am currently working on a job with 5 R4s. I am not overriding the power button, but I am overriding some of the other buttons. Does this problem present itself on any buttons other than the power button? When this problem occurs, have you tried pushing any other buttons to see if they are working as expected?

There is a page flip in the panel file, I tried changing it and it made no difference. This only occurs with the power button, the other buttons that I am overriding work everytime. Very frustrating because referencing the physical device and button does not work either, probably because it is being eaten by the module.

Is starting to look like a long night...
  • It sure sounds a lot like the issue discussed in this thread that doesn't seem to involve the queue module and does not seem to have been resolved.
    What channel codes are you dealing with? Are you going above channel 255? What ports are you using?

Jeff
    I will try the DO_RELEASE after lunch, see if that makes a diffrence.

Port number is 11, Channel numbers are 5 and 6 that are failing, but 7 and 8 on different buttons work...
    Well, there goes that theory. I am using port 12 without problems and you are not using anything over the magic 255. I am at a loss on this one. I would love to hear your findings tho.

Jeff
    OK,

So after reading the thread link submitted by Avophile, I tried changing this:
    BUTTON_EVENT[vdvRM_BED1_VOL,6] //BED 1 DECK OFF
    {
    PUSH:
    {
    fnAUDIO_DISCONNECT(1,9) //this is a fucniton I wrote for the audio switches
    }
    }

to this:

BUTTON_EVENT[vdvRM_BED1_VOL,6] //BED 1 DECK OFF
    {
    PUSH:
    {
    fnAUDIO_DISCONNECT(1,9)
    WAIT 20
    {
    DO_RELEASE(vdvRM_BED1_VOL,6)
    }
    }

}

However, it still works exactly the same.

Looks like I will need to rethink this a bit - maybe a shutdown page, with room options...