Home AMX User Forum AMX Technical Discussion
Options

DirecTV HD Favs

I had to do some rather 'interesting' programming to accommodate a client that wanted the sports channels in HD for their many favs. They have station numbers like 728-1 so the XCH command wouldn't work and I had to pulse all five characters and then enter for every fav. Anyone know of a DTV setting that makes it so that it always goes to the HD channel by default without having to append the -1 to the station number? Seems silly to default to the low-res channel when there is a HD channel right next to it.
Thanks,
Paul

Comments

• Options
    ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    Hmmmm...
    I've never done that. My fags routine goes

set_pulse_time(2)
    pulse X
    Pulse Y
    Pulse Z
    Pulse 'enter'

I wrote my own function that works with Comcast, time/warner, direTV and Dishnet. I use a timeline and trigger the flashes as fast as the receiver will let me. DirecTV seems to be okay with 2 ticks.
  • Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    There is no default I am aware of to make the box prefer the HD channel. My work-around for XCH is to store the channel in a string and run a routine like this:
    CHAR nCount

FOR(nCount = 1; nCount <= LENGTH_STRING(sChannel); nCount ++)
    {
        SELECT   // I use select so I can add my own control characters to the string more readily if needed
        {
             ACTIVE(ATOI(sChannel[nCount]) <= 9) : SEND_COMMAND dvDevice, "'SP', ATOI(sChannel[nCount]) + 10"
             ACTIVE(sChannel[nCount] == '-') : SEND_COMMAND dvDevice, "'SP', <appropriate IR channel for ->"
        }
        SEND_COMMAND dvDevice, "'SP', 21" // If needed, final ENTER
    }

This will work for pretty near any format channel in lieu of XCH, and you can use CTON and CTOF to adjust your pulse times independently for every device in the system (SET_PULSE_TIME is global, it even affects the relays, I avoid it like the plague). One other thing I like about this is you can add meta commands to the function. For example, if you have a problem with older requests being in the buffer and you want to clear it first, you can make your channel string something *123-4, and add an ACTIVE that uses CP instead of SP to clear all previous IR when it sees that *.
  • Options
    a_riot42a_riot42 Posts: 1,624
    Thanks Dave,
    My code has similar functionality but I don't like it. If I use XCH the channel change is nearly instant, but without it it is slower and clunkier. I will see if I can code up a reasonable solution.
    Paul
  • Options
    shr00m-dewshr00m-dew Posts: 394
    You can hide all the SD duplicates. Menu, settings, guide setting, hide SD duplicates.

But then they can't access them if they wanted to.

Kevin D.
  • Options
    a_riot42a_riot42 Posts: 1,624
    shr00m-dew wrote: »
    You can hide all the SD duplicates. Menu, settings, guide setting, hide SD duplicates.

But then they can't access them if they wanted to.

Kevin D.

Thanks, I didn't think that was possible. I suggested that might be an option but the response I got was that occasionally during poor weather the HD channels get pixxy so they use the SD channels.
    Paul