Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

Help to connect to Master

My first attempt with netlinx diagnostics was succesful and I managed to change the networking settings and give a static IP to the processor. Now I cannot connect to the processor with netlinx diagnostics - tried both IP and RS232 - but I can find the processor on the network and use the webinterface (Master Configuration Manager).

Any suggestions on what went wrong or how I can fix the problem fast?

Comments

• ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    elytronic wrote: »
    My first attempt with netlinx diagnostics was succesful and I managed to change the networking settings and give a static IP to the processor. Now I cannot connect to the processor with netlinx diagnostics - tried both IP and RS232 - but I can find the processor on the network and use the webinterface (Master Configuration Manager).

Any suggestions on what went wrong or how I can fix the problem fast?

The RS232 connection should not have been effected by changing the network settins.

My guess is that you need to change the baud rate around. Go through them all and keep trying.

You might have to enter a user and password, but it should still connect.

You could also try to Telnet into the master via IP.
  • elytronicelytronic Posts: 51
    ericmedley wrote: »
    The RS232 connection should not have been effected by changing the network settins.

My guess is that you need to change the baud rate around. Go through them all and keep trying.

You might have to enter a user and password, but it should still connect.

You could also try to Telnet into the master via IP.

Thanks Eric.

I will go back after a break and retry.

The baud rate is correct and the same with all RS232 settings. Anything else I should have in mind and how I can proceed with it?
  • May want to check your master communication settings in Studio to verify that they match your new settings.

Also if you can telnet in to the master, you can type 'set ICSP port' and make sure that it wasn't disabled. Default should be 1319 unless you have a reason to change it.

--John