Home AMX User Forum AMX Technical Discussion
Options

Connection to ne New (used) master?

I just got a used ME260 in a NXI and am trying to get a connection to as to no avail. I can't connect to the serial program port. I have tried 9600 8-N-1 with a 2-3 3-2 5-5 and also 2-2 3-3 5-5 cable. However I am not sure as which baudrate the master is set to. I am using a 2-3 3-2 5-5 cable to connect to my other master with no problems from the same computer and serial interface.

I also have tried to locate it on my router which serves DHCP over the network. It seems that it is not configured for DHCP as I don't see it. I also have tried Netlinx Studio through Master Communication and then Listening. I am able to found my master but not the second NXI-ME260.

Any ideas as to what I should try out? The NXI-ME260 boots fine and all LEDs are lighting normally and it seems to work. There is probably a program loaded. I hope that the default admin/password hasn't been changed. However, I would like first to connect to it and take a look at the settings.

Any help is highly appreciated!

Comments

• Options
    bobbob Posts: 296
    Sorry, my mistake: the serial program port is of course 38400 8-N-1
    I connecte through serial, set the IP, rebootet and everything works. Thanks much :-)
  • Options
    ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    bob wrote: »
    Sorry, my mistake: the serial program port is of course 38400 8-N-1
    I connecte through serial, set the IP, rebootet and everything works. Thanks much :-)

Don't worry. Yo only have to do that 10 more times before you remember it. I took 20.
  • Options
    bobbob Posts: 296
    yeah :-) Greetings!