Home AMX User Forum AMX Control Products
Options

MVP 5200i issue

I've seen a strange problem lately.

We have a couple installations with MVP5200i's where it seems that settings will magically change themselves.

The first issues were panels deciding that they wanted to change the wireless config on thier own. In this case go from WEP to Open. When this happend panel would show good link, because it could connect to the WAP but no connection to the network because, being open, no WEP key was passed.

The latest version of this is even more annoying. I set all our panels to connect to master using URL. I, obvioulsy, put the master IP address in the required field and all is well.

However, the 2nd issue has been that the panels seem to magically change themselves to 'Auto'. They then go searching for a master on their own. This doesn't cause problems in installations with only one netlinx master. However, in the places where wwe have more than one netlinx master, the panels will commonly connect to the wrong one. They show good connection to 'a' master.

I'm reasonably sure the client is not getting into the settings. (It's happening at more than one place)

I'm working on a work aroudn for now. But has anyone seen this kind of behavior?

Comments

• Options
    a_riot42a_riot42 Posts: 1,624
    Which firmware are you using?
    Paul
  • Options
    ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    a_riot42 wrote: »
    Which firmware are you using?
    Paul

Looks like 2.65.13
  • Options
    tom goeztom goez Posts: 75
    I just installed 12 NXD-700i panels two weeks ago. All set to URL. Client calls and says that one panel is not controlling it's classroom.

Get to the jobsite and ALL the panels are set to auto. Only that one reconnected to the wrong master. The panels are all on a wired network.
  • Options
    tom goez wrote: »
    I just installed 12 NXD-700i panels two weeks ago. All set to URL. Client calls and says that one panel is not controlling it's classroom.

Get to the jobsite and ALL the panels are set to auto. Only that one reconnected to the wrong master. The panels are all on a wired network.

I'm at the point of not wanting to wait around for this one to be fixed. I didn't see any commands in the manual for setting these settings from code. However, I just now finished doing it from a telnet sesssion. That works. So, what I'm going to do is put a program on the sub-masters that, when the TP ends up over on it, will telnet in, change the settings back to the correct master and URL settings, then reboot it. I'll also log when it happens. Hopefully that'll at least isolate what's going on a bit and keep the system up with the client.
  • Options
    Smart idea, but boy what a pain in the butt.

--John
  • Options
    a_riot42a_riot42 Posts: 1,624
    What network gear are you using?

I would also suspect ground problems or power brown outs etc as I have seen them scramble network settings on devices.
    Paul
  • Options
    a_riot42 wrote: »
    What network gear are you using?

I would also suspect ground problems or power brown outs etc as I have seen them scramble network settings on devices.
    Paul

the network gear is all pretty top shelf . It's all Cisco Catalyst. So, I don't suspect it. Your power suggestion might be a good guess. Both installs are on coastal islands where the power is always kinda flaky.

Thanks,
    e