Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

ENV-VST-C Problems

2»

Comments

• viningvining Posts: 4,368
    TurnipTruck wrote:
    I run the Aprilaire 8870s on 15 volts DC. They are extremely stable that way and never lock up.
    I don't even know if I knew you could do that (running on DC) but of course my memory ain't what it used to be.
  • SamkAMXSamkAMX Posts: 29
    i just finished a job with about of them, seem to be working ok. Using duet module and of course its got some goofy glitches but nothing major.

How much difference btween old tstats and these as far as writing new module (with weather).
    I wrote my own for the old ones and it was a breeze and workes SO MUCH BETTER abd FASTER
  • veraviewveraview Posts: 44
    Update soon?

Missed InfoComm this year... but announcements show a revamp to ENV-VST-C gui? Does this mean there will be new firmware soon? That would make a lot of us very happy!
  • DavidRDavidR Posts: 62
    they also revamped the AMX code module that on the ENV-VST-C product page... nice new graphics.
  • sonnysonny Posts: 208
    veraview wrote: »
    Missed InfoComm this year... but announcements show a revamp to ENV-VST-C gui? Does this mean there will be new firmware soon? That would make a lot of us very happy!

firmware shown is still the same old version but the product pic has a new look on the display. I would think this would have to be new firmware unless there has been a new rev on the hardware released. I'm going to call tech support tomorrow to find out (now that I'm Silver!!!)
  • TurnipTruckTurnipTruck Posts: 1,485
    You will need to talk to tech support about update.
  • the8thstthe8thst Posts: 470
    You will need to talk to tech support about update.

Does that mean that there is an update on the FTP server and you have to talk to TS to get the login/location or does it mean there is a hardware replacement and you have to talk to TS to get the new stat shipped to you?

You're not usually so cryptic, so I suspect AMX is handling this in a fairly odd manner.
    ive been told its new hardware and that the stats are to be replaced. I installed a large number of the old ones reciently and amx has issued me and rma to replace all of them with new ones.
    The update cannot be flashed in the field by means of a .tsk file. To go the the 3.0 version, the stat must be swapped out by AMX. An RMA will be required.
  • veraviewveraview Posts: 44
    Tech Note

New information is now available via a tech note - RMA procedure, what's new in 3.0

http://www.amx.com/techsupport/techNote.asp?id=946
  • banobano Posts: 173
    Aprilaire 8870s on 15 volts DC

Have you used 15vdc through a disty board? If so how much current is needed?

I run the Aprilaire 8870s on 15 volts DC. They are extremely stable that way and never lock up.
  • I haven't run them through the disty board on DC. Current draw of stats is very minimal.
    schedule settings now work... kinda

I just finished changing out one of the old ENV-VST-C stats for a new model. Now the 'scheduling' portion of your mdlENV-VST-C_Manager_1_00 code works with the exception of Mon and Tues. Selecting these days populate all the fields with 0 degrees.

Any ideas what could be going on?
    DavidR wrote: »
    I just finished changing out one of the old ENV-VST-C stats for a new model. Now the 'scheduling' portion of your mdlENV-VST-C_Manager_1_00 code works with the exception of Mon and Tues. Selecting these days populate all the fields with 0 degrees.

Any ideas what could be going on?

Yes, the newer stats seem to choke when polling them shortly after startup for all of the schedule setpoints.

I cannot post my latest version as it is involved with some source-protected systems. However, I can tell you that I am now polling the stats for the setpoints when pressing the day-of-the-week buttons on the scheduler page as opposed to grabbing all that info at startup.
  • Yes, the newer stats seem to choke when polling them shortly after startup for all of the schedule setpoints.

I cannot post my latest version as it is involved with some source-protected systems. However, I can tell you that I am now polling the stats for the setpoints when pressing the day-of-the-week buttons on the scheduler page as opposed to grabbing all that info at startup.

I know you mentioned you can't post the whole code, but is there any way you can indicate your process for this polling?