Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware

Time Updates on Devices

Greetings,

Could someone explain how the current time is updated on devices?

When DST started, my master picked up the correct time, but my R4s and ENV-VST-Cs stayed at standard time.

Must I manually send time commands to these devices?

Thanks.

Comments

• ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    Greetings,

Could someone explain how the current time is updated on devices?

When DST started, my master picked up the correct time, but my R4s and ENV-VST-Cs stayed at standard time.

Must I manually send time commands to these devices?

Thanks.

I could be wrong, but I think those devices pick up time from the master and not the internet per se. I don't know what the time command is as I don't have it at hand. However, i think it's the same as setting the master in code.

something akin to SEND_COMMAND <device number>,"'CLOCK ',DATE_MESSAGE,' ',TIME_MESSAGE"
  • The Modero panels don't have a buffered clock. They will start at 1/1/1970 0:00:00, and get the time from the master by the ICSP protocol.
    If the master e.g. is synced by a time server, all Moderos would be updated automatically. Same if you adjust time and/or date on a Modero, the master will change, and will then update all other panels.

This will also work on MIO-R4 remotes, because they also communicate by ICSP protocol.

AXlink based devices not get the time from/to master automatically. They had a battery buffered clock, which could be set by command (can't remember the syntax, too long ago... ;-) )
    I'm not sure about the ENV-VST.
  • GSLogicGSLogic Posts: 562
    R4 BUG?!?

R4s don't update time change automaticlly.
    You have to go in to setup and GET TIME.
  • ColzieColzie Posts: 470
    GSLogic wrote: »
    R4 BUG?!?

My test R4 updated automatically. However I have rebooted my master quite a few times, perhaps that triggered it to update? I definitely did not have to manually update it, and it changed for daylight savings.
  • I tested it before I wrote my response. It updated the time just within seconds.
  • ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    I think we need to put in the relativety adjusters and heisenburg compensators...
  • AuserAuser Posts: 506
    GSLogic wrote: »
    R4 BUG?!?

Is the firmware up to date? I'm still running firmware which is one release behind on one of my home R4's and if I go into the setup pages, move the time forward by an hour and hit "Set Time" it updates but when I come back later on it has gone back to the previous time. Not sure if this is addressed in the latest firmware...