Home AMX User Forum AMX Resource Management Suite Software

RMS Configuration program won't launch

I am working (remotely) with a customer to install RMS. We ran the installation software (with no errors), but for some reason when I open up the RMS Configuration Wizard it crashes. I checked the windows error log and found the following error:

Faulting application RMSConfigurationwizard.exe, version 3.3.0.85, time stamp 0x4a8ec813, faulting module ntdll.dll, version 6.0.6002.18005, etc...

I have attempted reinstallation and rebooted the machine a couple times. Any ideas?

Here is some more info:
Machine type: Virtual server
2 Gigs of RAM
IIS 7.0
.NET 3.5 + ASP.NET 2.0.50727 framework
SQL Express 2008
I am connected to the server via a Remote desktop session.
Windows firewall is off
Both SQL and RMS are being installed on the D:\ drive
Customer says we have full admin rights to windows.

Comments

• Thomas HayesThomas Hayes Posts: 1,164
    i had an issue where for whatever reason the auto installer didn't do the job and had to load the varies files manually and activatethem from RMS setup in the program section..
  • Please contact AMX Technical Support to get assistance with this type of issue. This way the case can be properly tracked and resolved.

Thank You,
    Robert
  • kstenbackstenbac Posts: 16
    Hi,

is your problem solved already (hopefully it is as this thread was started two months ago...)? I have a document from AMX which helps in configuring the Windows Server 2008 features to run RMS configuration wizard correctly (I assume your problem is/was related to server 2008).

-Kari-
  • Thomas HayesThomas Hayes Posts: 1,164
    no, my server is using 2003 =(.
  • I am having this very same problem. Did you find a solution?
  • I had to go into the AMX RMS folder and manually run the various services. AMX also made a piece of code that will monitor the RMS and restart any apps that drop offline.
  • Contact tech support. There are a number of Server Features on Windows Server 2008 that have to be enabled which are not listed in the "Installation Checklist" document.

PS - I had the same issue until I spoke with them.
  • KanagarajKanagaraj Posts: 7
    Hi all,

I am also facing the same problem.can any anyone give me the solution?

Thanks in advance.
  • travtrav Posts: 188
    To complete the Necromancy.....

First ....
    • Make sure Windows Server 2008 Service Pack 2 has been installed along with all updates.
    • RMS needs a static IP either by address reservation or direct assignment.
    • Setup Firewall to allow port 3839 (RMS Default)

This is probably where it is falling down, some IIS component missing..
    • Open the Server Manager
    • Scroll down to the Roles Manager section and follow the Add Roles Link.
    • Click the Application Server Check box
    • Click the Add Requires Features Button to accept.
    • Hit Next Twice
    • Check the Web Server (IIS) Support Check box
    • Add the required Role Services and Features for the Web Server (IIS) Support Role.
    • Click the Add Requires Role Services Button to accept.

And now, yet another wizard will start....
    • The Add Roles Wizard Window will open.
    • Select the COM+ Network Access Check box
    • Ensure that the HTTP Activation Check box is also selected.
    • Click the Next Button to continue.
    • Click the Next Button to continue on the Web Server (IIS) Introduction Page
    • Check the ASP Check box in the Application Development Section
    • Scroll down and ensure that all of the check boxes in the Security section are selected.
    • Select the IIS 6 Management Compatibility Check box and all of the Check boxes in this section
    • Click the Next Button to continue.
    • Click the Install Button to begin the Installation

That should be all the pre-req's as far as the server side stuff goes, after you complete the addition of those roles and components you can install SQL on that server if it isn't on a separate server, and then away you go.

And now we shall let the dead thread rest in pieces.