Home AMX User Forum Duet/Cafe Duet
Options

cannot run duet modules in program

banobano Posts: 173
I have a program using 5 duet modules, 4 for ALD-H48 lighting and 1 for HAI OmniproII. My problem is the processor hangs up after download and reboot and will not run the duet modules. I get the this error message on every duet file:

Line 80 (00:18:07):: Device Access: DeviceAccess.loadDrivers - failed to resolve dependencies for /bundle/AMX_ALDH48_Comm

I get this for each duet module. I have tried a different computer, different netlinx controller, nothing works. Please help if you can.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    the8thstthe8thst Posts: 470
    My guess is that the processor is running out of duet memory (although that is only a guess).

Load the processor with a program that will completely boot up, telnet into the processor, and use the "set duet" command to increase the amount of memory allocated for duet modules.

Hopefully someone will more insite into this will answer if the increased memory doesn't fix the problem.
  • Options
    banobano Posts: 173
    I have the duet memory set to 25 m. I think that would be adequate.
    the8thst wrote: »
    My guess is that the processor is running out of duet memory (although that is only a guess).

Load the processor with a program that will completely boot up, telnet into the processor, and use the "set duet" command to increase the amount of memory allocated for duet modules.

Hopefully someone will more insite into this will answer if the increased memory doesn't fix the problem.
  • Options
    I've had this problem in the past. I seem to remember that it had something to do with the version of snapirouter.jar and devicesdkrt.jar that are in the program files\common\amxshare\duet\bundle folder.
  • Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    This is one of the things I hate most about Duet.

You have to make sure that the firmware is matched with your version of NetLinx Studio, and even then, the module has to itself be compatible with both. If you have the latest NS, you need the latest firmware for your master. If the module is incompatible, that will need to be upgraded as well, assuming one is available. In most cases when I have had a failure like this, updating my firmware fixed the module. But once, with an NI-900, nothing would work. The module in question was too old, and I had to abandon it for a NetLinx module.
  • Options
    I've had this problem in the past. I seem to remember that it had something to do with the version of snapirouter.jar and devicesdkrt.jar that are in the program files\common\amxshare\duet\bundle folder.

Thanks Danny
    I had this problem for 2 Years now and been working on it for a week now. I noticed I could copy code from a downloaded module to my code, Compile and it still would not work, but if I compiled the downloaded project it would work fine. I did what you suggested and searched for the snapirouter.jar and devicesdkrt.jar files and replaced the older files with the files\common\amxshare\duet\bundle's version now I can work with my own code"so happy"
    Thanks Again

PS Had two new computers since but was carrying the problem over with my Workspace Folder
  • Options
    As an additional note here - the original poster noted that there were 4 instances of the same JAR file in use. In some cases, you can encounter problems with shared resources. This is not seen in all cases of multiple instances, but it is common enough for people to start noticing the issue. There is a firmware fix for this, and you should contact support about obtaining the release version.