Home AMX User Forum AMX Control Products
Options

MVP-9000i

2»

Comments

• Options
    Regarding the comments of fuzzyness in the center of the display -

Some improvements have been made on the fuzzyness. These will be included in the next official firmware release.
  • Options
    viningvining Posts: 4,368
    VEllis wrote: »
    Some improvements have been made on the fuzzyness. These will be included in the next official firmware release.
    Any ETA..............?
  • Options
    vining,

My guess is your panels were in a locked/slugish state that has been addressed in the hotfix. The next official release is coming very soon. I will post here when the release comes out.

Thanks,
    Chris
  • Options
    MVP-9000i firmware version v2.53.15

The latest version of MVP-9000i firmware has been posted (v2.53.15).
  • Options
    a_riot42a_riot42 Posts: 1,624
    amxcjc wrote: »

Unfortunately this doesn't seem to have changed the delay when hitting buttons. I have gone to a lot of trouble to make the panels respond quickly to the user and the 200 ms delay has made them seem slow and unresponsive. In fact if you hit a button repeatedly, button feedback never comes on at all. Why this would be desired is beyond me. As well, sounds still don't work. With these two things going on I can't see how I can use these in a project.
    Paul
  • Options
    a_riot42,

I never heard back from you about details of your sound files that aren't working. If you can provide me the sound files or at least some information about what sound files are failing I can try and take a look at it.

Chris
  • Options
    a_riot42,

I never heard back from you about details of your sound files that aren't working. If you can provide me the sound files or at least some information about what sound files are failing I can try and take a look at it.

Chris

Your dropbox didn't work so I couldn't dropbox them. I don't want to attach them to a post as they are proprietary, and I can't attach them to a PM. Give me an email address to forward them to and I will happy to do that.
    Paul
  • Options
    Paul,

I didn't give you a dropbox...use filedropper.

http://www.filedropper.com/

Upload the file, and it will give you a link. Then PM me that link and I can download your file.

Chris
  • Options
    Paul,

I didn't give you a dropbox...use filedropper.

http://www.filedropper.com/

Upload the file, and it will give you a link. Then PM me that link and I can download your file.

Chris

Yes, I meant filedropper, the link it gave me didn't work.
    Paul
  • Options
    The release note states:
    Prerequisites:
    Intercom Mod v1.9 or greater

and

WIRELESS:
    -- Dynamic WEP should not be used.
    How necassary is it to upgrade to Inetrcom Module v1.10 from v1.8. I made a lot of changes to 1.8 and I really don't want to have to go through that again. Anything major? Will I break the intercom by upgrading the 9000's firmware if I don't change the intercom mod?

What exactly is "Dynamic WEP"? My wi-fi is set up using WEP cuz I couldn't get WPA to consistenly work, if I recall the 5200i's were constantly acquiring, then dropping so instead of determining what hardware was at fault I just reverted back to the tried and true WEP encryption. So can I still use WEP since I don't know what you mean by "Dynamic WEP"?
  • Options
    snoblesnoble Posts: 35
    vining wrote: »
    How necassary is it to upgrade to Inetrcom Module v1.10 from v1.8. I made a lot of changes to 1.8 and I really don't want to have to go through that again. Anything major? Will I break the intercom by upgrading the 9000's firmware if I don't change the intercom mod?

It is recommended that you use at least version 1.9 with MVP-9000i. There are various changes to support the MVP-9000i, particularly involving dock and undock scenarios. Unofficially, if you were using 1.8 with firmware version 2.52.14 and were not seeing any issues (particularly if you don't use a dock), you should be OK with 1.8 and 2.53.15.
    vining wrote: »
    can I still use WEP since I don't know what you mean by "Dynamic WEP"?
    Dynamic WEP is WEP with key rotation via 802.1x. WEP still works.
  • Options
    snoble wrote: »
    It is recommended that you use at least version 1.9 with MVP-9000i. There are various changes to support the MVP-9000i, particularly involving dock and undock scenarios. Unofficially, if you were using 1.8 with firmware version 2.52.14 and were not seeing any issues (particularly if you don't use a dock), you should be OK with 1.8 and 2.53.15.

Dynamic WEP is WEP with key rotation via 802.1x. WEP still works.
    Thanks!
    >