Home AMX User Forum AMX Control Products
Options

MIO R2s and sharing an AXR-RF?

Is it possible (read as not too convoluted) to share an AXR-RF with two MIO R2s and 4 MX900s? I looked at the IR codes that the R2s emit, and it seems to me that the R2s are best served each being used with their own AXR-RF. Couple that with splitting the IR codes into 6 or more groups...and you get the idea. I have created additional programming to incorporate MX900s into this project, but it seems rather difficult for me to keep both in a project. I was considering just replacing the existing R2s with a few more MX900s and calling it a day. Is there a trick that I'm not aware of that would make this otherwise simpler for me to control 6 rooms with 2 AXR-RFs (1 418 and 1 433)? Ultimately I would like to do all MX900s with their own controller (MRF350), and have the MXs ONLY emit AMX codes to run macro sequences, and have the source equipment wired with a second emitter (the first being the emitter from the amx processor) to the MRF350. Please someone tell me I'm on the right track...

Comments

• Options
    The AXR-RF can handle upto 255 channel (being an AXlink device). so yes youcan use multiple remotes ( of any type) with a single receiver providing the channels can be shared out between the remotes.

A better solution would be to use a URC receiver to output either IR connected to an AMX IR receiver or URC serial connected to an AMX RS232 port. We've done this with RTI to provide more responsive control using non AMX remotes without the AXR-RF limitations

HTH
  • Options
    So my assumption there is that you created your own 232 protocol to use with URC/AMX, and also created a data event to handle the incoming traffic? Didn't that get to be a large data_event with handling all the device control (IR) commands, or is the URC processor sending out IR commands specifically to the IR devices?
  • Options
    ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    vegastech wrote: »
    So my assumption there is that you created your own 232 protocol to use with URC/AMX, and also created a data event to handle the incoming traffic? Didn't that get to be a large data_event with handling all the device control (IR) commands, or is the URC processor sending out IR commands specifically to the IR devices?

Well, if you're doing your own protocol, do something like this.

The IR remote outputs a string like: "Button-1", "Button-2", up to "Button-999"

Then the data event might be.
    data_event[my_incoming_port]
    {
    string:
      {
        if(find_string(buffer,'Button-',1)
        {
        remove_string( buffer,'-',1)
        incoming_button= atoi(buffer)
        my_big_funttioin_to_handle_Buttons(incming_button)
        }
      }
    }

and
    define_function my_big_funttioin_to_handle_Buttons( integer incoming_button)
    {
    switch(incoming_button)
        {
        case 1: // source selects zone 1
        case 2:
        case 3:
        case 4:
          {
          // code for source selects - zone 1
          }
        }
        case 11: