Home AMX User Forum AMX Design Tools
Options

can't download panel file from TPi/4

I posted about a week ago trying to download a panel file from TPI/4 into TPDesign 4-thanks for your reply. Problem is I still am not able to download the file. I can connect and get a little way through the transfer before it times out-which leads me to believe that my connection setting are correct. I have only ever used the TPDesign applications in systems w/ a direct connection between an amx panel and a master (no TPI). Also I usually transferred directly from the panel (not through the master) and this time I'm transferring through an NI300 via com1 at 38400. So this is a little new and I wonder my problem isn't a simple operator error. Any help is appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    rfletcherrfletcher Posts: 217
    rfayer1 wrote: »
    I posted about a week ago trying to download a panel file from TPI/4 into TPDesign 4-thanks for your reply. Problem is I still am not able to download the file. I can connect and get a little way through the transfer before it times out-which leads me to believe that my connection setting are correct. I have only ever used the TPDesign applications in systems w/ a direct connection between an amx panel and a master (no TPI). Also I usually transferred directly from the panel (not through the master) and this time I'm transferring through an NI300 via com1 at 38400. So this is a little new and I wonder my problem isn't a simple operator error. Any help is appreciated.

Depending on the file size of the file loaded into the TPI/4, your problem may just be trying to force the connection through the serial port at 38400. If it's a large file you may be running up against a hard timeout simply because the transfer is so slow.

I would either try connecting directly to the TPI/4 over Ethernet or, if that's not possible for some reason, try bumping the baud rate on the controller all the way up to the max (115200).