Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion
Options

iPad VNC Viewer App?

What VNC viewer app are guys using? I've tried MochaLite which for some reason works on remote sites but I can't get an image loacally. Makes no sense. Also with MochLite (connected to remote site) I can't resize the screen to fit the entire display. I looked at the reviews of the lastest release which I'm running and they say not to upgrade and that blank screens are common.

I've tried RealVNC but I can't seem to find a way to have the mouse at finger tip like you can with Mocha. With Real you can see the little square mouse point indication and you can swipe to move it where you want it and then tap the screen, anywhere to click the location of the mouse indicator but I want to select where I tap and not drag the indicator to where I want to tap and then tap anywhere. If that makes sense.

Screens is a nice viewer ($20.00) but again I can't connect locally and I haven't been able to figure out how to center the image when resized to fit.

Any VNC viewer that selects where tapped or anyone know any config secrets to get MochaLite or Screens to work locally. RealVNC connects locally, resizes nicely and is centered but that damn mouse thing sucks unless I can change it..

Comments

• Options
    Whatever Jaadu is now called, iTeleport I think.
  • Options
    viningvining Posts: 4,368
    icraigie wrote: »
    Whatever Jaadu is now called, iTeleport I think.
    I recently downloaded that one again too but didn't give it a real try. This does have the touch screen mouse mode and resizes/centers good. Thanks.

Wish I remebered to try this before I dropped $ on Real and Screens.
  • Options
    I just noticed that iTeleport has a specific setting for "Computer" of "AMX Control Interface". Not just the typical MAC, Windows, Linux or Other as the other apps do.
  • Options
    John NagyJohn Nagy Posts: 1,734
    Jadoo/iTeleport worked directly with AMX and with CineTouch to make a device profile that played nice with touch panels.
  • Options
    John Nagy wrote: »
    Jadoo/iTeleport worked directly with AMX and with CineTouch to make a device profile that played nice with touch panels.
    How long ago was that? I don't recall this "AMX" setting last time I used it or it being as nice as it presently is. I think I tried it back when iPhone just started getting popular but apparently alot has changed since then.
  • Options
    John NagyJohn Nagy Posts: 1,734
    Since late in 2008 I think they were working with AMX and added it to the menu. We worked with them more in 2009.
    Sorry for misspelling their old name, it's JAADU and a forum search here shows it discussed in 14 threads since 2008.

And their newer name is iTeleport.
    http://iteleportmobile.com/cinetouch
  • Options
    iTap VNC

I use iTap VNC. Works great.