Home AMX User Forum AMX Technical Discussion

IR Not Working ?

New to here, Completed the Programmer course and in the process of setting up a demo Project in our demo room with Ni900 and TP. Have a Projector, DVD player and Amp connected via the included IR emmiters to port 2,3,4.

However I have a problem with the IR control as I cannot get the IR controlled devices to work. It is like the ex IR hex commands are not sending as per the pronto. I pasted in the hex codes to IR edit i had confirmed working from a pronto. The Ni900 is sending the ir pulses out as i have the leds blinking and i have placed a wirless ir transmitter close to the emmiter which flashes red when it recieves the ir data from the emmiter.I even fitted a Xantech emmiter and its led on the emmiter flashes when the codes are sent.

I think my code is good and i have tried, pulse and SP commands (playing with the CTON times). I have also tried directly via IR edit adjusting the pulse times.All the equipment firmware is up to date.

Could anybody give me some advice please?. or point me in the right direction?

Comments

• Look for IR files for the devices using the third party devices section of the tech center on the AMX website.

If those work then you have bad codes or are not getting your codes imported correctly.
  • Make sure that after any changes to the IR files in IRedit, you re-send the updated file to the D:P:S on the processor. you can do this from IR edit directly. Once you have the file working the way you want, remove, then re-add it to your workspace and test-send it to the processor using file transfer. Make sure you remove all files and then re-add them before sending.
  • John NagyJohn Nagy Posts: 1,734
    Note that when you send an IR file from IREDIT, you are sending the file from your disk, the saved version, NOT the version in current editor memory. So if you load a file, make changes, then send without saving, you are sending the copy from the disk that does not have your changes in it yet.
  • To all the above thank you for your advice.

Got it working and the fault was my Hex IR codes. I played around with learning them in again and copied & pasted several versions into notepad to clean them up.