Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion

AMX vs c******n

I am presenting an AMX proposal to a client who is also considering using c*****n for his residence. I am attempting to formulate valid, compelling arguments to strengthen my (and AMX's) position and convince my client to choose AMX over c*****n without resorting to disparagement. Any input or suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Comments

• DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    My shop only offers AMX, and for only one reason: the code-based programming is more flexible, and more customizable. I haven't looked at Cr* controllers in a dog's age, but last I did, they were very limited in terms of support for devices they didn't already have modules or plugins, or whatever they call them, pre-made. On this basis, we simply decided to stick with AMX. I have no idea if their paradigm has moved towards code in recent years, but if what you are doing is a standard design with common components, I doubt there will be significant differences to the end user.
  • G4 panels are still ahead of the pack in terms of graphics capabilities.
  • JillJill Posts: 44
    Bonjour Bano
    Being a consultant I see both companies equipment often. I tend to use AMX whenever possible. The main reason I don't always agree with the aggresive sale people and their tactics from the "C" people. The AMX modero panels are way ahead in terms of graphics abilities. AMX also has an easier way to setup and control the access for multi-users and access to different levels of usage. I also believe that the AMX power supply is more robust than "C", I know of a client that has several AMX units and "C" units and after a power failure ALL the AMX came back online, however I can't say the same for the "C" units. Multi units failed. Just a few things that I have noticed. :):)
  • AMX has limited distribution...

As I understand it there are many more C*******n dealers while AMX offers a limited and more select distribution. AMX does one thing really well, CONTROL! AMX does not push lighting, A/V etc., but recommends that the AMX dealer work with its InConcert partners that are the best at what they build.

Other advantages include G4 graphics, Dynamic Images, MPEG streaming, Computer Control, Java/Duet, secure shell security, NetLinx operating system is separate from the running program allowing firmware updates without the need to recompile the code. Also AMX has a track record for supporting old hardware (Axcess) when new technology is introduced.
  • GSLogicGSLogic Posts: 562
    There is no comparision when it comes to flexability in programming, and the AMX logo looks much cooler!