Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion
Options

DVX 3150 and Duet

Hi Everyone,

I am having some real issues with Duet modules on a 3150, I cannot get them to talk back to the NI. Here is what happens;

I can see the tandberg getting polled on port 1 (5001:1:1) and it responds fine
I send the command ?VERSION to the vdv - I get no response except the command echoed back
I try using code based functions (in the TP) assuming that because polling is working somehow not doing it through netlinx may work - nothing

I have the newest firmware (pre release), lastest netlinx, latest cafe duet. I have loaded my code onto an NI-700 it works and an AMX Australia tech says it works on his DVX3150.

This is my second DVX with the same problem! Does anyone have any ideas, I am starting to doubt it being a hardware issue even though I have had an RMA raised.

Another thing - I was recieving Java errors on the web interface on the first DVX and this second one is really slow/loses connection. Could it be two lemons perhaps?

Thanks,

Cameron

Comments

• Options
    CameronCameron Posts: 56
    P.S. I have tried with a second duet module (a Mitsubishi one) and it has the exact same faults - works on the NI-700.
  • Options
    ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    Im not in front of my computer right now. So, my info might be sketchy... But don't you have to send the module a pass back command or something to see feedback from the device? Nyou might check the documentation.
  • Options
    PhreaKPhreaK Posts: 966
    Shoot the module the command 'DEBUG-4' and open up the diagnostics console in studio. What does it spit out there?
  • Options
    AuserAuser Posts: 506
    What device number are you using for the vdev? Is it in the Duet device number range?
  • Options
    Hi,

Thanks heaps for your responses!
    Im not in front of my computer right now. So, my info might be sketchy... But don't you have to send the module a pass back command or something to see feedback from the device? Nyou might check the documentation.

Not for this one, at least not up until this stage
    Shoot the module the command 'DEBUG-4' and open up the diagnostics console in studio. What does it spit out there?

Tried that, it wouldn't recieve the DEBUG command either :/
    What device number are you using for the vdev? Is it in the Duet device number range?

41001 and 41002

It's strange this code works directly on an NI-700 :/

Thanks,

Cameron
  • Options
    HARMAN_ChrisHARMAN_Chris Posts: 598
    My suggestion would be to contact support. The module(s) you are working with need to be compliant with master firmware 4.0+ that is run on the DVX and most likely not on the NI-700. Is the tandberg module the only one you are using and testing with? Tandberg codes their device module and the issue would need to be reported up through tech support and then relayed onto Tandberg support for a module revision.

I tested the old NEC display jar (nec_plasma_comm_dr1_0_0.jar) against an NI3150HD running firmware 4.3.440
    Device (ID)Model                 (ID)Mfg                    FWID  Version
    00000  (00353)NI Master          (00001)AMX LLC             00380 v4.3.440

//send c 41004, '?VERSION'
    Line      5 (09:14:00):: Command From [41004:1:1]-[?VERSION]
    Line      6 (09:14:00):: Command From [41004:1:1]-[VERSION-1.0.2]

• Options
    HARMAN_ChrisHARMAN_Chris Posts: 598
    I downloaded the Tandberg C60 module (dated 4/9/12) from AMX.com and loaded it to my DVX-3150HD. No code modifications - just compiled the workspace that came in the .zip and loaded to the master.
    Line      7 (09:23:16):: Command To [41001:1:1]-[?VERSION]
    Line      8 (09:23:16):: Command From [41001:1:1]-[?VERSION]
    Line      9 (09:23:16):: Command From [41001:1:1]-[VERSION-1.3.3]

Sorry that didn't help. Did tech support have any additional information?

Why the multiple instances? You indicated defining 41001 and 41002 - do you have two codecs in your system? If so, do you have different module instance names? Does the stock workspace downloaded with the module work for you?
  • Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    There are cases when the Duet module has to be matched to a specific firmware revision on the master. It's not always (well, almost never) documented. I've had Duet modules outright fail after a firmware update that were working fine right before the update. Make sure your module and your firmware are up-to-date, and if the module itself is older than the firmware, maybe someone at AMX can get you a new compile.

You also might need more Duet memory on your 3150. Most masters default to 3M, and that isn't necessarily enough if there is a lot going on with Duet modules, and it's very possible it was bumped up on your 700. Telnet into the master and type in "set duet memory," to check it or change it. Usually 8M is a more reasonable setting.
  • Options
    Hi Everyone,

Thanks so much for all of your help & suggestions, I just came across this whilst looking for another thread and remembered I had not responded. AMX Australia (via US AMX) found that the Tandberg module on the AMX website is out of date and sent me the latest version. No problems now :)

Thanks again,

Cameron
  • Options
    Don DeLongDon DeLong Posts: 43
    Thanks for posting this, I have 3 systems that I just put online this weekend, each of which will be adding a Tandberg/Cisco C40 in a few weeks (client orders Cisco gear through their IT dept. instead of through us, someone forgot to order them in time). I have used the module several times with success, but this is the first round of DVX-3155 based systems we have done. I will have to get the current module so I don't run into nightmares when the units show up, only have half a day to integrate 3 of them.