Home AMX User Forum AMX Technical Discussion

Home Gate, CCTV Video, Intercom & potential VOIP integration

Hi Chaps,

I just wanted to try and draw on some experience on what you guys have acheived with supplying the customer
with gate comms using the MET-E-COM stuff. I have been asked to provide a solution so that the customer can answer gate calls on his TPControl licenced Ipads and hopefully integrate an existing CCTV solution which is being
fed back to a Dedicated Micros Digital Sprite 2. I have read that I may need to use Axis video encoders for the easiest way of delivering video to the panels but was very interested in how the intercom system performs for you guys in your existing installations.

The customer has also expressed interest in potentially linking in a new phone VOIP phone system via something
like a CSG communications gateway but I wanted to ask which phone systems you guys had integrated with the best success.

Thanks as always in advance..

Mike

Comments

• a_riot42a_riot42 Posts: 1,624
    mkleynhans wrote: »
    was very interested in how the intercom system performs for you guys in your existing installations.

Its certainly not dazzling, but it works more or less. The EComm is a little disappointing regarding its hardware. Cheap webcam that can't tilt vertically, marginal microphone and speaker, only 3 panels can view at once, etc, so you have to be strategic with it, but if you install it correctly, and program it carefully and your client isn't expecting a Rolls Royce experience, it'll do.
    Paul
  • viningvining Posts: 4,368
    a_riot42 wrote: »
    Its certainly not dazzling, but it works more or less. The EComm is a little disappointing regarding its hardware. Cheap webcam that can't tilt vertically, marginal microphone and speaker, only 3 panels can view at once, etc, so you have to be strategic with it, but if you install it correctly, and program it carefully and your client isn't expecting a Rolls Royce experience, it'll do.
    Paul

Not to mention that it's not really weather proof. I believe it was desgned for a hotel or something in Dubai and i bet it isn't sand proof either, go figure. Considering how simple it would be to make the MET-Ecom work the way it should says volumes about AMX's commitment to excellence or lack there of. I understand the market sucks but if you build it they will come. And by "it" I mean a great, intelligently designed product that sets the benchmark. It was a good first draft that somehow made it into production.
  • Thanks guys, sounds like a nightmare. Perhaps the comms module with a proprietary doorphone system
    connected to a VOIP phone system and a seperate IP camera... The customer is expecting Rolls Royce,
    thats the problem =)
  • I've done it exactly how you describe by using the SIP functionality in the 'i' panels.

We used a Cisco PABX and another manufacturer's SIP door entry panel and it all worked fine. The video was streamed in the usual way. The advantage of this is that you can set up hunt groups, active diverts etc within the PABX, which you can't very easily using the ECom unit.

Simon
  • John NagyJohn Nagy Posts: 1,734
    What entry panel(s) did you like? There's a lot available and you don't know where the warts are until after you own them. Favorites and those to avoid are great to share. So far we've used the AMX ones but they are not ideal, especially when seemingly better ones are often cheaper.
  • John Nagy wrote: »
    What entry panel(s) did you like? There's a lot available and you don't know where the warts are until after you own them. Favorites and those to avoid are great to share. So far we've used the AMX ones but they are not ideal, especially when seemingly better ones are often cheaper.

The one we used was from Behnke and worked pretty much out of the box. The UK distributor of Behnke was so pleased with it he produced a PDF detailing how to add it to an AMX system. If I can find it I'll post it on here.

Simon
  • Thats interesting Sling, please can you post the pdf if you have it..
  • Looks like its a full IP system with Axis camera, around 1800 euro retail. I am assuming its the Myintercom model? The AMX document would be useful here also...

Thanks,

Dupe...
  • sling100sling100 Posts: 123
    No worries - here it is.

Any questions please ask.

Simon