Home AMX User Forum AMX Control Products

play audio stream with Modero X series TP

AlekseyAleksey Junior MemberPosts: 22
Dear professionals,
I have MXD-1000-L and MXD-430-P and I would like to play incoming audio stream from AXIS P3364-L camera.
Camera encodes sound in G711, G726 and AAC formats.
Could you suggest me how to play audio stream with touch panels?

Comments

  • John NagyJohn Nagy CineTouch Product Manager Posts: 1,640
    I think the silence you got when you asked this in a different thread is because we don't know of any way to do what you suggest.

    The panels are not designed for audio streams to my knowledge. They can take video streams, and they can take SIP connections with audio, but I don't think they can do what you ask. I hope to be wrong.
  • a_riot42a_riot42 AMX Wizard Posts: 1,619
    Aleksey wrote: »
    Dear professionals,
    I have MXD-1000-L and MXD-430-P and I would like to play incoming audio stream from AXIS P3364-L camera.
    Camera encodes sound in G711, G726 and AAC formats.
    Could you suggest me how to play audio stream with touch panels?

    I've been looking into this as well, and am convinced there is a way unless AMX deliberately blocks it for some reason. I'll let you know if I can find anything out about it.
    Paul
  • vincenvincen Junior Member Posts: 526
    You need to get audio encoded in same stream than video and with a compatible codec :) here in france, we receive TV broadcast through ADSL connections and I was able to watch TV streamed on Modero with audio without problem and it was a long time ago on first generation of Modero so I would be very surprised it's not more possible.
    Hope it helps..
  • AlekseyAleksey Junior Member Posts: 22
    Thanks for prompt answers.
    John Nagy wrote: »
    I think the silence you got when you asked this in a different thread is because we don't know of any way to do what you suggest..

    Actually, it wasn't only my question, there are other people who want to do it.
    If panel didn't have speaker I wouldn't even think to use it :). But it has and there are a lot of useful advantages with audio.
    John Nagy wrote: »
    ...they can take SIP connections with audio, but I don't think they can do what you ask. I hope to be wrong.

    I'm going to try Asterisk SIP server. Anyway we need it for VOIP. Most probably it is possible to encapsulate audio stream to SIP and route it to TP.
    vincen wrote: »
    You need to get audio encoded in same stream than video and with a compatible codec :).

    And as vincen said there is another one way. We can use some software(VLC, ffmpeg?) for merging audio and video streams.

    But it will be easier if AMX provides a way how to play audio stream without converter.
  • vincenvincen Junior Member Posts: 526
    Aleksey wrote: »
    But it will be easier if AMX provides a way how to play audio stream without converter.
    Did you try to pass the audio stream as URL in a dynamic ressource in panel ? might work ;)
  • AlekseyAleksey Junior Member Posts: 22
    Just tried this and video stream also. No way.
    I set 711 codec and used http://192.168.3.8/axis-cgi/audio/receive.cgi?httptype=singlepart

    Also I transmited a film to panel from VLC. The motion pictures appears fine but no audio. Unfortunately, there is no 711 codec and I didn't find right plugin yet.
  • PhreaKPhreaK Posts: 966
    With current firmware the panels will play back MP2 Layer I and II, MP3 (8 kHz, 11.025 kHz, 12 kHz, 16
    kHz, 22.05 kHz, 24 kHz, 32 kHz, 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz), AAC-LC (8 kHz, 96 kHz) and G.711 with μLaw (VoIP encode/decode at 8kHz) that is embedded within a video stream. On the panel side you will need to place a button and set its video fill to your resource with the audio embedded - works a treat.
  • a_riot42a_riot42 AMX Wizard Posts: 1,619
    PhreaK wrote: »
    With current firmware the panels will play back MP2 Layer I and II, MP3 (8 kHz, 11.025 kHz, 12 kHz, 16
    kHz, 22.05 kHz, 24 kHz, 32 kHz, 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz), AAC-LC (8 kHz, 96 kHz) and G.711 with μLaw (VoIP encode/decode at 8kHz) that is embedded within a video stream. On the panel side you will need to place a button and set its video fill to your resource with the audio embedded - works a treat.

    So you need two buttons one for audio and one for video with slightly different resources set? If so, do they sync properly? I figured since the E-COM can do two way communication with touch panels over G.711 with μLaw then any camera that supports it should be able to as well. I haven't had the gear around to experiment but as you say, there seems to be no technological reason why it wouldn't work.
    Paul
  • PhreaKPhreaK Posts: 966
    Close. The audio needs to be embedded in a video stream. If you don't want the video you can set the opacity of this button to 0.
  • AlekseyAleksey Junior Member Posts: 22
    May be I do something wrong. I tried audio stream in MP3, AAC-LC and G.711 but got no result.
    What kind of software/hardware do you use for streaming?
  • karageurkarageur Junior Member Posts: 97
    Hi Aleksey
    Check this doc - http://www.amx.com//assets/whitePapers/DigitalMediaCapabilities.ModeroXSeries.TouchPanels.WhitePaper.pdf
    It's written that modero x does support mpeg2 decoding with video and audio support. AMX provides encoder with such capabilities - MAX-CSE.
    We also stuck with the same issue - unfortunately have no modero x and max-CSE to test, but I assume that encoder may be replaced by software encoder.
    Please share your results when you are done.
    We got the same audio problem with TPC.
  • As what PhreaK had said, the audio had to be in video stream.

    You can use VLC to output a udp multicast mpeg2 TS (video container: mpeg2 ts;video codec:mpeg2; audio codec: aac)

    Then use the diagnose page in the Modero X to see if it work.
  • AlekseyAleksey Junior Member Posts: 22
    I started VLC stream with Video-MPEG-2+MPGA(TS) profile, udp streaming address was 224.1.1.1 , port 1234.
    In diagnostic page of panel I set udp://@224.1.1.1:1234

    And.. wow! It works like a charm!

    Many thanks to PhreaK and jason.lim and other people who took part in the discussion.
Sign In or Register to comment.