Home AMX User Forum AMX Control Products

New Axis cameras dynamic image

I replaced an older Axis cam on a job with a new Axis M3026 camera and I can't get the MJPG dynamic image om my TPs. I've tried various settings with no luck, went through the Axis VAPix v3 doc and multiple google attempts. I was able to get a still pic but no video stream. The job has 9000i's and 5200i's. I've been trying through TPD4 and I know that doesn't often work on certain streams like the met-ecoms (go figure) and I've made a few attempts via control device using ^RMF commands.

Any help would be appreciated.....

Comments

• John NagyJohn Nagy Posts: 1,734
    No help on your specific camera, but we've simulated a stream where it wasn't cooperating by setting a 1 second refresh on the still image. Not sure you can refresh a still faster than that... but it was far more satisfactory this way than saying SORRY, NO MOTION, BUY A DIFFERENT CAMERA.
  • viningvining Posts: 4,368
    That's how I left it until I can find another method. The help docs says it supports an MJPG stream via a server push but doesn't list the URL like it does for stills. The APIx doc lists the URL for MJPG streams that work for my existing cams but it doesn't work for the new. I can pull the image at various resolutions like I would the video so it will be acceptable and I doubt these clients even look at their cams while at this house through the TPs anyway so I'm not going to sweat it but this will affect what I spec in the future and I'm fond of Axis cams so this will suck if I can't figure out a way to get video from them.

The new panels support H264 video I think so maybe I can use that instead on future installs, does anybody do that?
  • a_riot42a_riot42 Posts: 1,624
    vining wrote: »
    I replaced an older Axis cam on a job with a new Axis M3026 camera and I can't get the MJPG dynamic image om my TPs. I've tried various settings with no luck, went through the Axis VAPix v3 doc and multiple google attempts. I was able to get a still pic but no video stream. The job has 9000i's and 5200i's. I've been trying through TPD4 and I know that doesn't often work on certain streams like the met-ecoms (go figure) and I've made a few attempts via control device using ^RMF commands.

Any help would be appreciated.....

Have you tried telnetting into the panel with the image showing and doing msg on debug? It should tell you where the problem is. It could be the HTTP 1.0/1.1 issue, but could also be firmware related. I assume you can get the stream to show up in a browser, and are using the same path/file etc for the dynamic image.
    Paul
  • AuserAuser Posts: 506
    The new panels support H264 video I think so maybe I can use that instead on future installs, does anybody do that?

I tried implementing video preview when the X series came out using a third party (non AMX) H.264 encoder (multicast). The rendering would start smoothly and then rapidly slow down and become pixelated while my laptop would show a perfectly clean stream. I don't know if later firmware updates on the X series have fixed this behaviour.

It is also my understanding that Axis put a custom header or wrapper on their video streams which makes it somewhat proprietary and prevents third party decoders playing nicely with them. YMMV, however I wouldn't go ahead and quote a job using X series panels to display H.264 streams from Axis cameras without trying the setup on the bench first.
    a_riot42 wrote: »

Have you tried telnetting into the panel with the image showing and doing msg on debug? It should tell you where the problem is. It could be the HTTP 1.0/1.1 issue, but could also be firmware related. I assume you can get the stream to show up in a browser, and are using the same path/file etc for the dynamic image.
    Paul

05/28 16:12:21.92 [1364411536] ERROR:JfifFrame::processScanData Found 0xFFD8 (Start of Image) marker in middle of frame, RESET AND START OVER! offset=
    [4345]

I also received errors at some point that the end of file couldn't be found. I then noticed on an existing camera that used to work that only the small picture (res190x120) worked on the multi cam page but going to the larger single image didn't which makes me think it's maybe file vs buffer size issue in the current fw since I know it used to work. Now with the new camera I found that the still image wouldn't show on the TP but would in TPD4 but if I removed the user/pass and allowed anonymous logins on the camera it would work. I then tried the video stream URL with the anonymous login and now that worked but not if dynamo was selected so I left it set with dynamo off and a refresh of 1 with no login.

I did read somewhere on the forum that a Samsung (i think) camera also would work only with an anonymous login which is why I eventually tried it and while I don't like leaving it this way, I have no choice at this point until AMX fixes their Jfif handlers and I'm not going to hold my breathe for that.

• a_riot42a_riot42 Posts: 1,624

05/28 16:12:21.92 [1364411536] ERROR:JfifFrame::processScanData Found 0xFFD8 (Start of Image) marker in middle of frame, RESET AND START OVER! offset=
    [4345]

I also received errors at some point that the end of file couldn't be found. I then noticed on an existing camera that used to work that only the small picture (res190x120) worked on the multi cam page but going to the larger single image didn't which makes me think it's maybe file vs buffer size issue in the current fw since I know it used to work. Now with the new camera I found that the still image wouldn't show on the TP but would in TPD4 but if I removed the user/pass and allowed anonymous logins on the camera it would work. I then tried the video stream URL with the anonymous login and now that worked but not if dynamo was selected so I left it set with dynamo off and a refresh of 1 with no login.

I did read somewhere on the forum that a Samsung (i think) camera also would work only with an anonymous login which is why I eventually tried it and while I don't like leaving it this way, I have no choice at this point until AMX fixes their Jfif handlers and I'm not going to hold my breathe for that.

It really sounds like its more an Axis issue than AMX. Hard to say I suppose, without delving into the stream itself. Have you contacted Axis about this issue?
    Paul
    a_riot42 wrote: »

It really sounds like its more an Axis issue than AMX. Hard to say I suppose, without delving into the stream itself. Have you contacted Axis about this issue?
    Paul
    I might suspect that to be the case if an existing axis cam that was working when the system was 1st installed stopped working too after numerous FW updates to the TPs to get them to functions properly or should I say better. The 5200i and 9000i were pretty flaky when they were 1st rolled out. Plus as I mentioned I think there was a thread regarding a Samsung camera that also require an anonymous login to work so that makes me think it's more likely an AMX issue. Anyway it works now at a 1 second refresh and an anonymous login and that's good enough for me.