Home AMX User Forum AMX Design Tools

TP Design 5 Button Blink Feedback

Where hast thou gone?

Comments

• sling100sling100 Posts: 123
    It's gone. To quote the impressively titled 'AMX G5 Expectations' document:

Button, Feedback Types
    The following types are Supported in G5: None, Channel, Channel Inverted, Momentary, Always On;
    Blink is Obsolete
    See Button, Feedback Types under Changes to Existing Features

You have to do something with multistate or turn it on and off yourself. Not the most efficient use of code or programmer's time, but there you are.

Simon
  • cmasoncmason Posts: 123
    sling100 wrote: »
    It's gone. To quote the impressively titled 'AMX G5 Expectations' document:

Button, Feedback Types
    The following types are Supported in G5: None, Channel, Channel Inverted, Momentary, Always On;
    Blink is Obsolete
    See Button, Feedback Types under Changes to Existing Features

You have to do something with multistate or turn it on and off yourself. Not the most efficient use of code or programmer's time, but there you are.

Simon

Thank you for the reply.
    That is quite annoying, I must say. The blink feedback was very useful, I just don't see a reason to ditch it.

I ended up writing a blink function to turn the buttons on and off, so I can just add buttons as needed. It just seems like a lot of state changes, unnecessarily, being passed to the TP.

Anyone like to weigh in on common practice for blinking buttons on G5 panels?

Thanks!
  • Never used blink, ever. Also all button feedback is handled in code (even stuff that you'd do traditionally with the "momentary" feedback option).

I just have a "flash" variable which changes in a repeating timeline which is &&'d to the value we want to track as feedback in code.
  • cmasoncmason Posts: 123
    I mostly use the blink feedback for mute buttons. It gives the user very a conspicuous warning that some source or mics are muted.