Home AMX User Forum AMX Design Tools

Simple concept, brick wall implementation.

Been working on this for a few days, and have had no results. On a CV12, I have 4 rows of camera presets for a VC system. I would like users to press a button used to label to row of presets, enter a name, and have that name populate the button. I understand all the tools to do what I want, text entry, variable text to buttons, etc, but cannot get them to all work together that way I want. If there is a way to do this in the panel, and not include controller programing, that would be ideal, but making it work is the priority.

Thanks

Comments

• MLaletasMLaletas Posts: 226
    Definitely not going to be able to do it on the panel itself. Some key concepts in code is going to be:

Pull up the keyboard on the TP
    Populate the variable that already exists
    Have the user enter a new name from that keyboard
    Save that to a variable and/or text file
    Update the name on the TP.

Do each step one at a time and Im sure you can knock it out of the park.
  • dmenkedmenke Posts: 25
    Guess I have forgotten more that I realize. Anyone have a chunk of code similar to what I am trying to do?
  • ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    dmenke wrote: »
    Guess I have forgotten more that I realize. Anyone have a chunk of code similar to what I am trying to do?

Meh, you don't need it. It's pretty straight-forward level 1 or 2 programming. just grab the TP programming manual off the AMX tech site and you'll be just fine. Every command you'll need is easily sent to the panel via Control A Device. As suggested, you can just manually send the commands, test, then write your code. Easy Peasy.