Home AMX User Forum NetLinx Studio

Font for "Control a Device"

Trying to run NSX on a Surface tablet that has a high resolution. I've been able to configure fonts in much of NSX to be legible but the font in the "Messages to Send" window of "Control a Device" is still font for ants (tiny).

Anyone know of a way to change this? I'm sure there are other places in Studio that are affected but this is the main one I have a problem with now.

Thanks!

Comments

• rhillsrhills Posts: 4

Sorry for jumping on an old thread.
    I am interested to know what version you posted above. Is it the version 4.4.1626
    I am having odd issues with a Lenovo X1 Extreme 4K Touch.
    Formatting dynamically changes as I cursor through line with insertion point not necessarily being where cursor is.
    I have tried various Win10 solutions via compatibility tab for High DPI scaling settings, but no joy
    Any help would be appreciated

• sling100sling100 Posts: 123

Hey Kyle - any chance you can repost the link? I'm using 4.4.1626 and it's pretty much unsuable above 1080p resolution. TP4 suffers from the same issues, but not as badly.

Thanks

Simon

• quirkquirk Posts: 28

@rhills and @sling100, this version is build 1831 and addresses a number of issues in Studio, see download here: https://files.harmanpro.com/t/2pwbs0g8

• sling100sling100 Posts: 123

Thanks @HARMAN_quirk - it even fixes the custom_event crash, which is excellent news. As an aside for anyone else using a 4K screen the way to get it to work correctly is to change the 'properties' 'compatability' 'high dpi' setting for the .exe file to 'system (enhanced)'. This fixed not only NS4 but TP4 and TP5 as well.

Simon

• @HARMAN_quirk can we get an official build on the website? Or can we at least get a download link that doesn't expire? Why does AMX refuse to release software updates or firmware updates? Back us programmers up a bit, guys.

• quirkquirk Posts: 28

@sentry07 said:
    @HARMAN_quirk can we get an official build on the website? Or can we at least get a download link that doesn't expire? Why does AMX refuse to release software updates or firmware updates? Back us programmers up a bit, guys.

Unfortunately, I don't have any answers for you there. All I can provide is what is available to me, which happens to be an even newer update: https://files.harmanpro.com/t/htfsey8v

• JamesBJamesB Posts: 10

Sorry for the thread necro, but this is the only post I found discussing high-DPI displays. I can make a new thread if need be.

I have the same problem as the OP -- Surface device with high DPI, unreadable tiny-font on Control a Device dialog -- on the latest build I can find, 1914. I can't get the link in the last post to load, but since it's dated before the release of 4.4.1914, I assume it's older anyway.

I've tried using "system" / "system (enhanced)" scaling as suggested upthread, which does fix the Control a Device issue, but then when I go to actually edit code, the text looks like it's been smeared with Vaseline. If I switch back to "application" scaling, I just bump all the (many) font selection options in Preferences to use ~22pt size, and everything looks great again -- except the Control a Device dialog, which looks like this: