Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads Residential Forum

Lg Plasma Discrete Control

i have an LG Plasma MU-50PM10

I need to have discrete control of power and input selection

the hand controller does not have these functions to capture in iredit

the manual has discrete hex codes but they are only 2 digits , IRedit needs more info that that, what do i do??

what type of controller will take these 2 digit hex codes
->can i then capture that into iredit?

remotecentral.com does not seem to have any discrete functions for LG plasmas...

not enough wire exists to use serial rs232

what are my options...
thanx in advance

Comments

• Actually, remotecental does have a few plasma files under the LG component files not the discrete section. Visit the LG section in remotecentral.com or use the link below or :

http://www.remotecentral.com/cgi-bin/files/rcfiles.cgi?area=pronto&db=devices&br=lg&dv=television&fc=

Zenith codes also work with LG Plasmas. You will need to have the Pronto Pro application loaded into your PC, which you can get from Philips or remotecentral.com. Just copy the hex codes from the .ccf files into IREdit and you should be able to get all discretes for your plasma.

Sincerely,

Ricardo
  • DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    There are some documents on Remote Central that explain standard IR protocols and how they are put together; I remember seeing them there once, but I'm afraid I don't have links. You can build the full code from that protocol and those two-digit hex values, but it's not a quick and easy prospect; you may, however, be able to post on their forums and find out if someone else has already done so. Once you have the full IR command in hex, it can be manually entered in ProntoEdit and loaded to a Pronto to be captured.
  • Chip MoodyChip Moody Posts: 727
    If you have enough wires for IR, you've got enough to send (discrete!) RS232. None of the LG displays that I've worked with required RTS/CTS handshaking on their com ports, so you can get away with just RX and GND.
  • KevinKKevinK Posts: 29
    Chip,
    That's a great trick that is often forgotten. I worked with IR on two displays before I realized that would work.

Kevin