Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Applications and Solutions

Upload Source Code

All of a sudden I can upload SRC files but cannot open in studio. If I open the file in note pad I just get a bunch of symbols, and some random text. Suggestion box wide open. Thanks.

Comments

• ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    bano wrote: »
    All of a sudden I can upload SRC files but cannot open in studio. If I open the file in note pad I just get a bunch of symbols, and some random text. Suggestion box wide open. Thanks.

I don't have enough info in the post to be sure - but a guess is that you've tried to download some code from a master and then want to look at it. You might use the Tools>File Extraction>Extract From Src. It will prompt you to navigate to where you want to save the file and hit enter. then try opening the resultant file from that.
  • Or rename it to whatever . zip
  • banobano Posts: 173

@ericmedley said:
    (Quote)

I don't have enough info in the post to be sure - but a guess is that you've tried to download some code from a master and then want to look at it. You might use the Tools>File Extraction>Extract From Src. It will prompt you to navigate to where you want to save the file and hit enter. then try opening the resultant file from that.

That did the trick! I hadn't done it in so long I forgot. Thank you sir!

• richardhermanrichardherman Posts: 387
    edited August 2020

Wow, that's some serious extraction time: september 2017 > august 2020 :p