Home AMX User Forum AMX Networked AV (SVSI) Products
Options

2300 series decoder/N-able issue

I have contacted tech support and stumped all three engineers trying to help me, i still am looking for a solution. :s

We are deploying several hundred decoders and several dozen encoders. I am using a .CSV file that i exported from N-able to create my master batch file. at first I am trying to just do small batches just to verify everything is loading correctly.

The IP info, Name, and almost everything is loading fine and making my life so much easier to batch upload the settings to all my devices within seconds. BUT a few items will not load for me, the DNS Server 1 and DNS server 2 and the Manual DNS button just will not populate.

has anyone seem this before or any one willing to try on their equipment just to see if its just me or is this a bug i found? This is what my file looks like for the DNS settings.

MANUALDNS DNSSERVER1 DNSSERVER2
1 172.27.3.101 172.27.3.102
1 172.27.3.101 172.27.3.102

Comments

• Options

We will get this issue resolved.

In the mean time to help get this resolved and still leverage a mass deployment scale. You can perform the following steps:
    1. Open N-Able and go to Tools-->Batch Config
    2. Select Custom from the top menu options
    3. Select the unit or units you wish to apply the command to.
    4. Once the units are selected press OK at the bottom of the window
    5. Another window will open that says command:
    6. Here is where you will input the command: setSettings:manualDNS:on\rsetSettings:dnsserver1:xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx\rsetSettings:dnsserver2:xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx\rsetSettings:dnsserver3:xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx\rsetSettings:ipsave\r
    7. The XXX should be replaced with your DNS IP's and if you only have 2 DNS Host's then remove setSettings:dnsserver3:xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx\r from the command
    8. The above command will enable the manual DNS and set 3 DNS servers with IP addresses. The last part is important as it saves the IP information so its not left in Trial Save Mode.
    9. Once you have the command set you can press OK and N-Able will communicate with the devices one by one with the information. I would encourage to try the custom commands on a unit or 2 to get the feel of how it works before sending it out to everything at once.

If you have any questions or issues please reach out to tech support.