Home AMX User Forum AMX Workspace & Collaboration Products

Vibe Microphone(s)

I'm needing to add a conference table type microphone to my Acendo Vibe setup. Does AMX offer anything tailored to this environment besides the standard boundry mics offered by AKG, etc.
Thanks
MM

Comments

• Not particularly. The CBL mic from AKG was released as the conferencing table mic for the modern conference room. The Vibe is not designed to have a secondary mic attached. The built-in mic array generally covers decent sized rooms. Do you have a stand-alone DSP that can ingest multiple mic feeds?

• i can, but was trying to avoid that. we love the vibe but it's at the end of long (20') conference table and just not quite doing the job microphone wise. from a speaker standpoint it's fine and all are happy. just looking to decrease the proximity between speaker (talker) and microphone.

• Is it possible to cascade a couple of the CBL141's and input to the audio aux in ?

• It was not designed for this use case and I do not think you will have a positive outcome without a DSP.

• Thanks for the input. BTW, of the 4 units that i have of these, we've had problems with 3 of them with audio stopping in the middle of zoom calls and not being able to re-establish audio even with restarting the call. Is there a firmware update or something that i'm missing ? These all run on macs that range from high sierra to catalina.

Thanks

• There are firmware updates -
    On the product page, there is Version: v3.1.2 (10/23/2018)
    On the support page, there is Version: v3.1.12 (03/18/2019)
    https://help.harmanpro.com/amx-acendo-vibe-firmware

• CHUMCHUM Posts: 3

Is it possible to increase the microphone gain? Just 6 feet from the soundbar the microphone lacks gain.

Thanks