Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads Residential Forum

CD Music Server

Integra has discontinued their line of Network Audio Servers. Does anyone have any feedback on Essient or ReQuest product. I took a look at the request N series, looks like it will work fine for most of my applications, but I dont see a module particular to that product.

Comments

• Spire_JeffSpire_Jeff Posts: 1,917
    We use the Escient product because the interface is much more visually appealing than the Request (in our opinion). The integration of the Fireball is a little cumbersome if you have to customize any of the code, but if you stick with the code that Escient provides on their website you'll be fine.

I have not had any experience, but I hear the comm protocol for the Request is a little easier to deal with if you need to write your own code, but I believe there are also modules prewritten for that unit as well. Both products have been around for a while and in my opinion it's like asking if you prefer Ford or Chevy.

Jeff
  • youstrayoustra Posts: 135
    We like Axonix.
  • DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    The Escient is solid, though I have yet to see a NetLinx module that performed 100% as I would like for it (including my own - it became too time-intensive to continue when Escient was actively developing their own). Not that any media server module is what I would consider perfect, and that includes the MAX and various iPod doc modules. That said, the Escient module does work, and is acceptable, if not perfect.

I must add that I greatly prefer the MAX, but I feel it is too highly priced for a large part of the market.
  • GSLogicGSLogic Posts: 562
    I prefer the Audio Request. I did rebuild the module to my liking but, you are able to get album cover art and it have a que feature for loading albums/artist/etc. With the small unit F2 you get two output zones of audio.