Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware

NI 3000 upgrade issue

Hi all,

I have just upgraded an NI 3000 to 3.21.343 and I now have an issue with webcontrol.

It appears to still run the goahead server - which I thought was ditched with the duet firmware.

Regardless of goahead or not, most screens look a bit like the attachment and I can't see any real reason why...

If anyone has any input, I would appreciate it.

Thanks!

Comments

• DarksideDarkside Posts: 345
    I have noticed that IE7 displays slightly differently, but cannot run webcontrol either.

I have an NXI on the same network, and FF2 and IE7 can both get to webcontrol.asp - although the NXI is not DUET based
  • Hi all,

I have just upgraded an NI 3000 to 3.21.343 and I now have an issue with webcontrol.

It appears to still run the goahead server - which I thought was ditched with the duet firmware.

Regardless of goahead or not, most screens look a bit like the attachment and I can't see any real reason why...

If anyone has any input, I would appreciate it.

Thanks!
    From v2 to v3 the webserver has changed, and the v2 firmware can not handle the firmware transfer of new v3 webserver files, so the first transfer fails. After a manual reboot, the v3 firmware is installed, but the webserver is still the old one which will not longer work with the v3 firmware.. So reloading the v3 firmware again will update also the webserver.

Or in simple words:
    1) download v3 firmware, transfer fails after 3 of 4 parts
    2) manually reboot the master
    3) reload v3 firmware again, reboot is done automatically
    4) enjoy the new webserver :)
    Hi Marc,

The version that was in the NI was 3.12.332.
    When I first did it (v2 to v3), the upgrade was successful - ie no errors reported, and nor did it fail.

As a matter of course, I sent the firmware again this morning, and it is exactly the same.
  • Joe HebertJoe Hebert Posts: 2,159
    How about trying a "clean disk"?
    Hi Joe,

Clean appears to have solved it...I now have the very fancy new webserver running!

...just got to rebuild all of my g3 panels now!

:-)

Thanks for the tip
    Just when I thought it was safe to go back in the water

Spoke too soon perhaps!

I saw the new web interface on the system, and 5 minutes later I got the response as shown in the attached image.

Has anyone seen this error before?

(The SB&A modero is the name of the MVP8400 in the system)
    Do you have a program loaded in the master? If so I would try loading a blank one. Do you see the same thing if you use Microsnot instead of Firefox?
    Hi Joe,

Sequence of events.

Originally there were 3 G3 web panels, 1 program loaded.

Tried the f/w upgrade - no go.

Issued CLEAN DISK which killed the G3s and whatever else, but the program remained I noticed.

D/l the f/w again and as per my recent post, saw the new webserver.

5 minutes later, the err as per the jpg.

IE reports:

The XML page cannot be displayed
    Cannot view XML input using XSL style sheet. Please correct the error and then click the Refresh button, or try again later.

A semi colon character was expected. Error processing resource 'http://192.168.1.250/web/root/webControl.xml'. Line 8, Pos...

<name>SB&A Modero</name>
    ^
    The only other thing I can think of at the moment is you may need to do a:"set duet memory"

See tech note 766.
    Mmmmm...

News to all....

It appears that if you have an ampersand in your G4 webcontrol name, you will bring the webserver to its knees as per the image attached previously.

For testing purposes I have removed the ampersand from the name and the webserver runs properly, but after I put it back, the webserver errors as per the images posted
    Joe Hebert wrote:
    The only other thing I can think of at the moment is you may need to do a:"set duet memory"

See tech note 766.

I always code in a routine that actually tests the mem allocation and then updates it to *normally* 8 mb if not already at that size..

Thanks.

** Since your post, I believe I have nailed it - be interested in any tests you might be able to do to confirm my findings...**
    I was about to suggest you check the log file and see if you spot anything in there. I had some issues while upgrading to 3.21.343 and I posted them in the middle of this thread:

http://www.amxforums.com/showthread.php?t=2059
    ** Since your post, I believe I have nailed it - be interested in any tests you might be able to do to confirm my findings...**

Post your findings and I'd be happy to help if I can.
    Mmmmm...

News to all....

It appears that if you have an ampersand in your G4 webcontrol name, you will bring the webserver to its knees as per the image attached previously.

For testing purposes I have removed the ampersand from the name and the webserver runs properly, but after I put it back, the webserver errors as per the images posted

This appears to be it.

Be interested to what happens if you had a moment to try it...
    Yup, I get the same error as you do with the & in the name.
    A < symbol in the web control name will also cause the XML format error that you discovered. The TP must already have some sort of validating routine since it strips out single quotes and double quotes if you try to enter them into a name. Looks like it has to add the & symbol and < symbol as part of the validate.