Home AMX User Forum AMX Control Products

Axb-dmx512

Can I program in Netlinx or do I have to use Access for this box?

How do I define the device in my netlinx code?

I've never use AXLink, how do I configure the Device number, and which port is the AXLink bus?

I'm connecting to a NI3100.

Also can I activate the motion sensor/auto brightness on the TP4's from code on my NI3100?

How do I get the color from the embedded colourpick interface on my TP4 to my NI3100?

And is it possible to send an automatic e-mail from the ni3100?

Thanx

Comments

• Spire_JeffSpire_Jeff Posts: 1,917
    Can I program in Netlinx or do I have to use Access for this box?

How do I define the device in my netlinx code?

I've never use AXLink, how do I configure the Device number, and which port is the AXLink bus?

I'm connecting to a NI3100.
    The device addressing is done via dipswitches on the individual devices. You can use the DipSwitch program to figure out the settings. Device numbers are from 1 to 255 and should be unique. Once you know the address set by the dip switches, you address it like normal with port 1. ie dvDMX = 85:1:0 //DMX at address 85.

Also can I activate the motion sensor/auto brightness on the TP4's from code on my NI3100?
    Not sure on these, but if you check in Software History (or the new AMX-PI) it should list all commands you can send to the touchpanels.
    How do I get the color from the embedded colourpick interface on my TP4 to my NI3100?
    I assume you are refering to getting the HEX code for the color so you can change colors via your program. The color pick tool lists the Hex code in the lower right portion of the window. Also, if you look at the button properties, the HEX code is after the color name in ( ).

Thanx
    The i!-Equipment-Monitor app provides the ability to send and receive emails. You can use this code to send email from your program as needed. You can send emails when a device comes online, goes offline, when a button is held, or whatever other condition you want to track.

Hope this helps,
    Jeff
  • Spire_Jeff wrote:

I assume you are refering to getting the HEX code for the color so you can change colors via your program. The color pick tool lists the Hex code in the lower right portion of the window. Also, if you look at the button properties, the HEX code is after the color name in ( ).

I meant the color in hex or any format really, but I wanted to know the values from the ColorPicker on the touch panel as it's modified, at runtime, not from TPDesign4, which I guess is what you thought I meant.

I look where you asked and thanks for all the other help you gave.
  • travtrav Posts: 188
    Ok, In order of questions asked :
    1. Yes, you can program this in Netlinx, use the same commands as axcess, DL, DR or GP
    2. Same way as any other device, D:P:S axlink devices go from 1 - 255
    3. You configured the device number with the set of DIP switches on the front panel(?) The only ports are if you are using an actual device that has multiple ports, like an AXB-VOL3
    4. Fine :)
    5. Not that I could find in my breif look through AMX-PI
    6. I'm actually trying this atm to drive a multicolour led using the colour picker to get me RGB values... but atm it has been refered to AMX Engineering as I couldn't work out how to use ?BCF to get the button fill colour of the 'Color Picker:Final Color' as it resides on a setup port :/
    7. And as was said above the equiptment montior works quite well for email action !

Will let you know on what AMX gets back to me with regards to getting colour values out of the colour picker, back to the code.

// Edit : Should really check to see if people have replied first ^_^
  • trav wrote:
    I'm actually trying this atm to drive a multicolour led using the colour picker to get me RGB values... but atm it has been refered to AMX Engineering as I couldn't work out how to use ?BCF to get the button fill colour of the 'Color Picker:Final Color' as it resides on a setup port :/

I've flirted with the idea of writing code that uses the levels to do the color pick function on the NI3100 and pass the hexcolor value back to the Panel, but this just seems superfluous, when the functionality is on the TP. I want to use it for coloured lighting control via the DMX512, but I want multiple colour configurations stored in the NI3100's memory for recall.
  • vincenvincen Posts: 526

Depending on what you use automatic e-mail we wrote a module that allows you to send SMS from Modero Panels to a GSM phone (it's delivered in just few seconds ;)

Vinc
    Ok, It's a bit of a hack, and doesn't allow a direct read of the colour picker in real time, so you can't drag the joystick around and and have it update, but at least you don't have to calculate the colour codes from joystick positional data.

So, I just used an internal Panel command on a button to grab the colour from the slider (I just hacked the Take not template from VA) so you drag the joystick, choose the hue from the slider, and then press the pick button which has a loopback command of ^BMC-200,0,0,93,1,CF to match the colour of the slider.

Then this is my code block :
    [php]
    CUSTOM_EVENT[dvTP,200,1012] // Fill Color
    {
    Send_String 0,"'TEXT =',CUSTOM.TEXT"
    }

BUTTON_EVENT[dvTP,200]
    {
    PUSH:
    {
    WAIT 5
    {
    SEND_COMMAND dvTP,"'?BCF-200,0'"
    }
    }
    }
    [/php]
  • yuriyuri Posts: 861
    if anyone wants, i made a project that has automatic value gathering from the color picker.
    Works with a Soundlight PMX/DMX interface card.
    I would be curious to see how you did that yuri, afai could work out you couldn't directly get the colour from the colour picker as it was on port 0 rather than port one, if you could post a link to the project I would love to have a look at it :)