Home AMX User Forum AMX Design Tools
Options

Transfer From G4 Panel

Greetings,

I am having limited success transferring from G4 panels back to my office. Sometime they come through, often they result in a Transfer Abort with a NAK and a timeout error. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    vincenvincen Posts: 526
    Few questions about that:

-> Are u with latest version of TPDesign4 ?
    -> Are Moderos you want to upload from in latest version also for firwmare ?
    -> Does transfer abort as soon as beginning or does it start to transfer and then abort ?
    -> Are you doing transfer through Ethernet or USB ?
    -> Modero is connected through ICSP or Ethernet to NetLinx Master ?

Vinc
  • Options
    TurnipTruckTurnipTruck Posts: 1,485
    vincen wrote:
    Few questions about that:

-> Are u with latest version of TPDesign4 ?
    -> Are Moderos you want to upload from in latest version also for firwmare ?
    -> Does transfer abort as soon as beginning or does it start to transfer and then abort ?
    -> Are you doing transfer through Ethernet or USB ?
    -> Modero is connected through ICSP or Ethernet to NetLinx Master ?

Vinc?n

-Latest TPD4
    -Latest NXD-CV10 firmware
    -Aborts well into the tranfer, close to end
    -Transferring remotely via Ethernet
    -Panel to master connection is Ethernet

There is a CV5 and a CV7 on the system that have uploaded successfully.

Thanks.
  • Options
    Well it looks fine. Are you sure you have enough free space on harddrive when you transfer from panel ?
  • Options
    TurnipTruckTurnipTruck Posts: 1,485
    I was uploading from on a panel on a residential DSL with only 100K upload speed. According to AMX there is somesort of a maiximum transfer time limit. It seems I may have hit that limit.
  • Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    I have a customer in another state; it's about a two-hour drive, so for simple touch-ups, I naturally want to remote the system if I can. I've found that getting a full panel transfer is almost impossible, but that a simple change that only updates a relatively few files goes fine.
  • Options
    I was uploading from on a panel on a residential DSL with only 100K upload speed. According to AMX there is somesort of a maiximum transfer time limit. It seems I may have hit that limit.

It seems logical as for most transfer systems you get a timeout for whole transfer, it was pretty short for G3 panels, it's longer for G4 but you still have one. So if you are unable to do the whole transfer in given time it gives up :( So you should upgrade the DSL link :D

Vince