Home AMX User Forum NetLinx Studio

Studio 2.7 Patch is up

Comments

• Report problems through tech support.

(800) 222-0193 Option 8

If there is something critical that you think that needs to be fixed before the next major release, please call tech support and report it so it can be tracked and prioritized. The more individual reports, the better. And please be nice to the support guys...it's not their fault. ;)

Thanks.
  • jjamesjjames Posts: 2,908
    My guess is that they are not focusing on anything other than InfoComm, just like all of the other companies that will be attending. Maybe they'll roll out an Eclipse version of NS at InfoComm . . . or a program that will layout your systems, write the code and design the touch panels through psychokinesis. ;)

Neither seem likely though . . . oh well.
  • travtrav Posts: 188
    PLZPLZPLZPLZPLZPLZPZLPZLZPLZPLZPLZPLZZZZZ
    jjames wrote: »
    Maybe they'll roll out an Eclipse version of NS at InfoComm . . .

I think a little bit of pee just came out......
  • Joe HebertJoe Hebert Posts: 2,159
    trav wrote: »
    I think a little bit of pee just came out......
    I literally laughed out loud. That?s why I love this forum, plenty of intelligent, humorous, good hearted folks. :)
  • Joe HebertJoe Hebert Posts: 2,159
    B_Clements wrote: »
    And please be nice to the support guys...it's not their fault. ;)
    I know I've said it before but I'll say it again. AMX tech support rocks!
  • avi_daveavi_dave Posts: 62
    AMX tech support FTW.
  • feddxfeddx Posts: 167
    Really?
    (800) 222-0193 Option 8

If there is something critical that you think that needs to be fixed before the next major release, please call tech support and report it so it can be tracked and prioritized. The more individual reports, the better. And please be nice to the support guys...it's not their fault. ;)

Thanks.

Haha ha!! I talk to all the people in Dallas and Philly. They are fantastic and receptive!! I have crazy mad love for them all!!

Now as for the offering suggesting ideas prior to a roll out of a new version of software, I try to offer my suggestions as to possible improvements, but I don't have the time to monitor the schedule of software releases that AMX (or any of the hundreds of other software and hardware manufacturers we are dealers/installers for), even though AMX files are constantly updated at regular, published, and announced intervals (whoops, that was sarcasm).

2.7 is an example of a piece of software that was rolled out prior to it being ready. And the patch still doesn't fix all the problems that it had.

How about just not putting out a new version of software until it is tested and ready? I didn't see the urgent need to rush this out to us as 2.6 seems to work just fine. Unless....... they were trying to get it out fouled prior to Infocomm so we could be baled at by the NEW software ready for it's debut at Infocomm!!

Well, I'm SURE that's not the case......

But in all seriousness, I'll ALWAYS talk to my friendly AMX customer support team with the greatest respect and continue to offer them suggestions online, and on the phone, and in person. Just because some at AMX Product/Software Development don't have the foresight to test new software, I'll never take it out on the fine folks that answer my muddle-headed questions everyday, and make me look good.

Thank you Customer Support staff, and have a great time in Vegas!!!
    Well said. I try not to blame the people indirectly causing the problem, this is why I don't go off on the technicians / Customer Service Reps for AT&T, Sprint, etc.; 99 times out of 100, it's not the person's fault you're talking to, but it gets so frustrating at times that it does slip out every now and then. We're all human, and we're all not perfect.
  • Studio 2.7
    feddx wrote: »
    I didn't see the urgent need to rush this out to us as 2.6 seems to work just fine.
    This may have been posted previously, but they needed to add file download capability for the MVP-5200.
  • jjames wrote: »
    I'm starting to find this a bit humorous . . . I'm beginning to wonder if they even use the software they write. To follow that, I wonder if it's developed in-house or outsourced.

I'll stick with 2.6 for now.

Does AMX have a archive to download previous versions of netlinx Studio? I just have 2.5 and 2.7. I'd like to use 2.6.
    The answer is no, they do not have an "official" archive of older firmware, something I find silly on their part. We should be allowed to choose which software we want to run, and not be forced to choose between the latest or our currently installed. I think I've got NS 2.3 - 2.7 on my computer after digging around.

But, I'm gonna say this nice and big for future reference:

Email tech support for NS 2.6, and they should give you a download link.
    If not - raise hell!

:D
  • GSLogicGSLogic Posts: 562
    Now to run the software department at AMX!

1. When you come to work (anytime you want) READ the forum for good suggestions and/or bugs!!!!
    2. Talk it over with your programming team!!!
    3. If it is an intelligent request/bug ~~~ REPLY!!!! (the little people are also human)
    4. Get large bonuses for working hard and implementing great ideas.
    5. Send forum members with great ideas free gear, fruit baskets and t-shirts.

I like plums, peaches and pears! :)
  • feddxfeddx Posts: 167
    This may have been posted previously, but they needed to add file download capability for the MVP-5200.

As I still haven't used a 5200, this isn't a problem... Can't the newest version of TPDesign 4 Load an MVP-5200?

Actually this is a "back-door" bump. Anyone got news? Is the new working fix in yet? Tell me all is well with the new NS please.

Or if it's not, I'll just stick with 2.6.

Thanks.

"A mile? For a Camel? Even I'm speechless right now...."
    Stick with 2.6 is my suggestion.
  • ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    feddx wrote: »
    As I still haven't used a 5200, this isn't a problem... Can't the newest version of TPDesign 4 Load an MVP-5200?

Actually this is a "back-door" bump. Anyone got news? Is the new working fix in yet? Tell me all is well with the new NS please.

Or if it's not, I'll just stick with 2.6.

Thanks.

"A mile? For a Camel? Even I'm speechless right now...."

We got our demo 5200 in last week. I did upgrade to TP4 that can deal with it. I'm just loading the panel from there. I'll wait out the NS2.7 thing for a while and just load the files the old fashioned way for now.

By the way... It seems pretty cool. I like the roll-ee volume up/down wheel. It feels kinda like it might break in a month. However, if it holds up, it's a nice deal.
    e
  • mpullinmpullin Posts: 949
    I also think it's cool, but the control wheel should be twice as big. I have trouble spinning it and I have fairly small hands for a programmer (whatever that means)
  • shr00m-dewshr00m-dew Posts: 394
    mpullin wrote: »
    I also think it's cool, but the control wheel should be twice as big. I have trouble spinning it and I have fairly small hands for a programmer (whatever that means)

I found that its hard to spin if you try to spin it.. If you just make the motion over it, without pressing down too much, it works quite well.

Kevin D.
    ANY UPDATES ON THE LONG AWAITED FIX????????????
    Rumor mill is spitting out that they're working on a major development of NS. I'll bet their fix to 2.7 will be a big release in a while.
  • mpullinmpullin Posts: 949
    jjames wrote: »
    Rumor mill is spitting out that they're working on a major development of NS. I'll bet their fix to 2.7 will be a big release in a while.
    You're referring to NS3? How do I get in line to beta test it??
    mpullin wrote: »
    You're referring to NS3? How do I get in line to beta test it??

I honestly don't know if it's going to be NS3 or what but . . . I agree, I desperately need to get in on that too.

(* Shameless plug to the developers *) I promise to keep my mouth shut on it. Pick me, pick me! Haha! :D
    We have been VERY patient and it is starting to get embarrassing for AMX.

just fix the FIND/REPLACE!
    just fix the FIND/REPLACE!

How do you expect us to work with any speed when we have to work around broken software.
    I can't go back to NI-2.6, the $00 in the "Control a Device" - send_string does not work.
    You know we still love ya, it just a bump in our relationship. :)
    GSLogic wrote: »
    You know we still love ya, it just a bump in our relationship. :)
    :D So funny yet . . . so true.

Classic.
  • gusgizmogusgizmo Posts: 15
    Hey, would someone post the download link for 2.6? I haven't had too much trouble with it, but it would be nice to have the option when it hits crunch time.
  • rdriederrdrieder Posts: 25
    Find/Replace cheese

Find/Replace now makes no sense. Should be able to type strings in Find and Replace boxes and get on with your work, without having to use the Find dialog first. Last version worked great as I remember.
  • KennyKenny Posts: 209
    I 'm usually the last to complain about AMX HW/SW but this latest NS install is the pits.
    In order for find to work properly I have to go to the top of the file but I can't be on the first line plus I must click in the file or the search will start at the last location.
    Now it seems that it loses certain devs. I had a dev named dvTpArray which I had used all over the place but for some reason the autocomplete no longer gives me it as an option.
    Also the code folding erases the first line sometimes. I have to close the file and reopen it before I can see the first line of a folded section.
    It looks like this:
    -
    {
    Push:
    {
    //do something
    }
    }

I have had this file open all day with numerous downloads.

I hate to roll back but....
    I think the AMX software engineers are not posting a fix because we have been complaining and their feelings are hurt. Please post address so we can send candy and flowers. :)
  • Studio 2.8

A fix for find/replace in Studio is now in final test and should be available by September 22. The unfortunate problems that you have experienced were a result of making the F/R dialogue non-modal. For those of you who wish to try this version as beta users, you may receive a copy on Thursday, September 4 by contacting AMX Product Verification via email.
    Please contact: dconde@amx.com

Again, we apologize for your inconvenience and really appreciate your patience and candor regarding this bug.
    Doug Hall
    AMX Product Management
  • KennyKenny Posts: 209
    While your in final test can you check what is causing newly created variables to show in the autocomplete 4 or more times. This happens until the file is saved.