Home AMX User Forum AMX Design Tools
Options

Standalone G4 Panel Preview

Hi all,

i want our customers to be able to run our created touchpanel interface on their own computers. So we can mail them the interface + the G4 panelpreview executable and let them look at the interface.
The thing is, G4 Panel Preview needs support files that are located in the following directory c:\Program Files\Common Files\AMXShare\G4SupportFiles\

I would like to use G4 Panel Preview standalone, does anyone know how to achieve this? Maybe AMX software department can create a standalone G4 Panel previes application?

P.S. As you might know, the "other" company has something like this ;)

Comments

• Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    We just use the G4 Panel Preview application (when we don't just load a panel and send that out the salesman). It stays on the salesman's laptop, and he just goes over it as part of his pitch.
  • Options
    yuriyuri Posts: 861
    And the sales person has G4 Panel Preview installed on his laptop?
    That's and option too, but we would like to send the touchpanel as a part of the documentation set we send to the customer via mail (real mail, no e-mail :p)
  • Options
    DarksideDarkside Posts: 345
    yuri wrote: »
    And the sales person has G4 Panel Preview installed on his laptop?
    That's and option too, but we would like to send the touchpanel as a part of the documentation set we send to the customer via mail (real mail, no e-mail :p)
    Perhaps there could be a U3 version released.
  • Options
    AuserAuser Posts: 506
    Hi Yuri,
    i want our customers to be able to run our created touchpanel interface on their own computers. So we can mail them the interface + the G4 panelpreview executable and let them look at the interface.

There are licensing issues with sending AMX software out to third parties, I'd definitely check that this is OK with AMX first...
    I would like to use G4 Panel Preview standalone, does anyone know how to achieve this?

... that said, I have attacked this before. The simplest way to do what you require is to send the installer for TP Design 4 and G4 Panel Preview. Installing TPD4 installs the support files that G4PP requires to run.
  • Options
    VLCNCRZRVLCNCRZR Posts: 216
    Touch Panel preview program

I have developed my own panel submittal system where I
    export the page graphics from TPD4 into another application
    to simulate page flips with hyperlinks. The final product
    is an interactive PDF file that I can email to clients.

This way, I can have a signature approval form as part
    of the document. It also makes it easy to have arrows
    and descriptions inside the document.

I can also add security to the document, so it can only be
    opened with a password, and nothing can be changed.

I have tried many methods in the past, but I dont like
    the idea of asking a client to install any software just to
    be able to view a panel submittal. Depending on the client,
    they do not have authorization to install programs.

I am also not fond of C******n's HTML method.

A single small PDF file is a nice universal way to do this.
  • Options
    jwstuffjwstuff Posts: 11
    PDF Navigation?

Tracey, would you mind expanding a little bit on your pdf process? When you create the document from the exported graphics do you go into a pdf program to create navigation over the top of your images? I am pretty interested in working on something like this due to the lack of html export. Perhaps a quick example if you have time. I would definatly appreciate it, and I am sure some others here may as well. Thanks.

Jesse
  • Options
    patbpatb Posts: 140
    Typically I do a screen capture of each page as I run it in G4 Panel Preview. Then I take those screen captures, crop it to just show the TP page and combine them into an acrobat file. Yes it's somewhat crude, but it gets the point across.
  • Options
    patb wrote: »
    Typically I do a screen capture of each page as I run it in G4 Panel Preview. Then I take those screen captures, crop it to just show the TP page and combine them into an acrobat file. Yes it's somewhat crude, but it gets the point across.

Try doing this: open TPD4 and your image editor. Open one of the panel's pages (for example Page 1.) In the workspace window right click on and show any popups as needed. Click anywhere on Page 1 to select the page again and then choose the page menu at the top and click on Copy Image To Clipboard.

Now go to your image editor and press Ctrl + V. There will be a perfectly cropped image of your page and any popups you have showing.

If you don't have many popups use Panel menu>Export Page Images.
  • Options
    Bigsquatch wrote: »
    Now go to your image editor and press Ctrl + V. There will be a perfectly cropped image of your page and any popups you have showing.
    A really good function of TPD4...but won't grab the panel template (ie external buttons on an MVP).

Grrr!

Slightly off topic, but including the panel template in the clipboard grab would a great feature for TPD4 for sure. Been missing for a long time I reckon!