Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Applications and Solutions

R4 Queue Module Question

I'm about to throw this in on a job, however I'll be putting 3 ports on the R4 - one for general buttons, one for the iPort and another for satellite channels.

Do I need three com modules defined or does it know how many ports I'm using by watching the online event? I'm a little confused by this since it doesn't say anything in the documentation . . . at least I haven't seen it yet.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• The module will internally maintain up to 20 ports on a single R4 device, so all you need to do is define the base port in the module definition. (eg: dvDevice=10001:1:0 & vdvDevice=33001:1:0)

I take this to mean that the module handles up to 20 ports on the virtual device you define.

I have it implemented in two projects and only pass it the real device with port 1 defined and then define virtual devices 1 through 19 and do all interaction on those virtual ports and it works like a charm.
  • jjamesjjames Posts: 2,908
    Thanks - I saw that, but didn't know if I had to define separate modules for each port since the real devices have their own port definitions. I saw only one definition of the modules per real device, but didn't know if the documentation was lacking or if it was right on.

I've got two other jobs with R4s without the module, so I'm anxious to see how well it works and if there's any difference.

Thanks again!

Also - I like your avatar for some reason. Pretty neat!
  • viningvining Posts: 4,368
    I would throw it in epsecially with iPort feedback.
  • jjamesjjames Posts: 2,908
    vining wrote: »
    I would throw it in epsecially with iPort feedback.

Thanks - I'm debating how much "control" to give him on the R4. He also has an MVP-5200i in the room, sort of a his & hers type situation. I think he wants the R4 for channel surfing late at night.

I may just do feedback on the remote and nothing else (i.e. no control over the playlists), ya know - keep it simple.
  • jjames wrote: »
    Thanks - I saw that, but didn't know if I had to define separate modules for each port since the real devices have their own port definitions. I saw only one definition of the modules per real device, but didn't know if the documentation was lacking or if it was right on.

I've got two other jobs with R4s without the module, so I'm anxious to see how well it works and if there's any difference.

Thanks again!

Also - I like your avatar for some reason. Pretty neat!

Yeah, I should have wrote that I only pass port 1 on the real device and port 1 on the virtual device to the module and that takes care of it.

I like your tagline. It's pretty funny (and true!)