Home AMX User Forum AMX General Discussion
Options

I Saw this on Ebay!

Since the topic has come up, I decided to start a thread. If it gets used a lot, maybe it will turn into a section.

I just looked up the current listings on Ebay, as I do not have anything listed that is AMX related right now.

**************NOT LISTED BY ME*******************
Anyone looking for an inexpensive way to test TP files, check out Item number: 250336480432. A TPI/4 with a buy it now of $379.00. From what I understand, you can send most of the touch panel files to this unit. Just VNC into the unit and check out your touch panel functionality... or connect it to a monitor and use a mouse :) (I think)

Jeff

Comments

• Options
    I will respond to this. Im not sure if its this particular one but I have purchased 2 tpi's recently. Both were not good. Outdated firmware and one with bad video.
    In both instances the sellers were fantastic and took the merchandise back.
  • Options
    Much to my dismay, my boss switched us to C* and AMX is dropping us as dealers. I am planning on putting 2 NI-700s and a NXD-1200vg on ebay next week but you guys can PM for details.

We also have a couple 8400s but I don't own them personally so I don't know when they will be listed.
  • Options
    yuriyuri Posts: 861
    That TPI/4 has been on ebay for a long time. It lacks the input cards, so i'm guessing it isn't functional (right?)
  • Options
    ColzieColzie Posts: 470
    yuri wrote: »
    That TPI/4 has been on ebay for a long time. It lacks the input cards, so i'm guessing it isn't functional (right?)

You don't need the input cards to use it as a touch panel engine only (with no video). The input cards allow you to show video on the TP (VGA out in this case, or VNC as mentioned).
  • Options
    I wish I could remember. Contact the seller.
  • Options
    Yes - you can use a serial mouse and VGA display to make a touch panel of sorts with the TPI4. I'm usually too lazy to walk across the room to it, so most of the time I do the VNC bit...

- Chip