Home AMX User Forum NetLinx Studio
Options

Feedback of Rotel RSP-1098

HI All,
Does anyone know how to pharse the Rotel RSP-1098 Feedback?
the protocol is not so clear and, now a days any AMX module is ready for that product.

The main difficulty is when the processor respond me with the standard protocol, it put's in che char section all the information about Volume or about what sourche or what kind of sorrund I've selected.

But it send to me that messages without telling me what they are refer.

Does anyone has got an Idea for pharsing the Rotel RSP-1098 Feedback?

Thanks a Lot

Kman88

Comments

• Options
    ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    The main issue with the Rotel 1098 is that the Volume message contains the current zone selection instead of any kind of indication that it's a volume message. So, you have to account for any and all possible zone names. The default zone names are simple enough. (Video 1,2,3, etc.. CD, Tape) But, if the someone goes in and actually changes those zone names. (For example, makes Video 1 into Cable) then that label is what is sent with the volume message.

Now, why Rotel didn't think to use some kind of key word like 'Volume' for a volume change is beyond me.
  • Options
    shr00m-dewshr00m-dew Posts: 394
    On the 1098, the volume is always the last 2-3 characters (before the last bitwise characters) when stationary regardless of the input name.

I'm not sure if I still have to code, but essentially there's 2-3 bitwise characters, display text, then 2-3 more bitwise characters. Pull out the middle display characters and right_string the last 3 characters. If you find MIN volume is 0, MAX volume is 100, anything else do an ATOI and you get the volume.

You will have to compare the last message to the current message to make sure the input (whatever it is) is the same and it's not scrolling a message across.

FWIW, they fixed it in anything newer. There's two display lines. First has the bitwise info, input, and the VOL XXX. Second has any surround info and scrolling text.

Kevin D.
  • Options
    Darkman88Darkman88 Posts: 45
    Tnk All, I've Imaged that Rotel works like that, Eric.

The question is why rotel didn't think about some standard messages that AMX can pharse well?

Bye Guys

Kman88
  • Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    Darkman88 wrote: »
    Tnk All, I've Imaged that Rotel works like that, Eric.

The question is why rotel didn't think about some standard messages that AMX can pharse well?

Bye Guys

Kman88

I suspect the protocol was designed for a PC application, and AMX or C were not on their minds at all.
  • Options
    VladaPUBVladaPUB Posts: 139
    part of feedback, only for VOLUME
    DATA_EVENT[dvRotel]
    {
        STRING:
    	{
    	IF(FIND_STRING(BUFFERROTEL,'VOL',1))
    	    {
    	    REMOVE_STRING(BUFFERROTEL,'VOL',1)
    	    ROTELVOLUME=MID_STRING(BUFFERROTEL,2,3)
    	    }