Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Hardware
Options

Netlinx masters without duet module

Hi there,
Is there somebody had experience that all rs232 ports is not working meaning its throwing a string but it does not receive it. This is already a project since 2004 and suddenly client called the system is not working. I did download the program again but after that i could not connect to the master.

thanks for your help..

Comments

• Options
    ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    edgelitoc wrote: »
    Hi there,
    Is there somebody had experience that all rs232 ports is not working meaning its throwing a string but it does not receive it. This is already a project since 2004 and suddenly client called the system is not working. I did download the program again but after that i could not connect to the master.

thanks for your help..

Has anything changed? For example, did you upload any new code?

You might try flipping the progam toggle switch, thus disabling the program from running, and see if you can connect to the master. If you are able to do so, then something about the program is fouling the system up.
  • Options
    DHawthorneDHawthorne Posts: 4,584
    I've had controllers drop dead on me ... not the master, but the just controller portion. But the fact you can't reconnect suggests a memory problem, not a dead controller. They will lock up like that when out of volatile memory or CF drive space.
  • Options
    edgelitocedgelitoc Posts: 160
    ericmedley wrote: »
    Has anything changed? For example, did you upload any new code?

You might try flipping the progam toggle switch, thus disabling the program from running, and see if you can connect to the master. If you are able to do so, then something about the program is fouling the system up.

I did toggling the switch but still can't connect to the master. I have found out that input LED is on and Status LED is on which it tells that On board master is booting, In fact the master were on for almost 10 minutes but nothing happens.
  • Options
    Seems that the CompactFlash has crashed after the last reboot. You may have to contact Technical Support for a new CF (there's a good chance that a new CF will fix the issue), or for sending in the unit.

The firmware and program is only loaded one time after a reboot. Maybe the was some kind of power fail before.
  • Options
    edgelitocedgelitoc Posts: 160
    Seems that the CompactFlash has crashed after the last reboot. You may have to contact Technical Support for a new CF (there's a good chance that a new CF will fix the issue), or for sending in the unit.

The firmware and program is only loaded one time after a reboot. Maybe the was some kind of power fail before.

Is there any other means to fix it on site, before calling TS. I have encounter this problem for almost 3 times now.
  • Options
    I keep an imaged CF card with me for just that reason, you need to keep it upto date or update the firmware on the device after sloting in the new card.