Home AMX User Forum NetLinx Modules & Duet Modules
Options

Intercom module , master to master

I am on a site with 25 panels and 7 controllers. Now the basic intercom module works fine if all the panels are connected to a single master.

has anyone done a site where they have panels connected to different master and intercom functioning.

Right now panel to panels calls are happening.

These functions are not working as of now,
paging between panels
monitoring of panels
locking of panels

Comments

• Options
    ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    John Paul wrote: »
    I am on a site with 25 panels and 7 controllers. Now the basic intercom module works fine if all the panels are connected to a single master.

has anyone done a site where they have panels connected to different master and intercom functioning.

Right now panel to panels calls are happening.

These functions are not working as of now,
    paging between panels
    monitoring of panels
    locking of panels

In the strictest sense,the TP does not have to be connected to a particular master for the intercom function to work. Basically, what's going on is there is a series of commands being sent to the panel(s) involved in a call. I don't have them in front of me as I'm on my iPhone right now. However, the two commands tell the panel to contact the other panel at such-and-so IP address, thus initiating the call. The next commands tell the panel(s) which mode to operate in. Those are basically Talk but no listen (monitor the room) or Listen but no talk (one way Page or Listen and Talk (2 way page)

I don't know but I think you can do other panels as long as they are included in the module of the main master. So.

main system #1 and 2nd system #10 for example.

make sure Master to Master communication is setup between the masters.

Then on the main system you might have something like this in the intercom module's DEV array

DEFINE_DEVICE

TP_01 = 10001:01:1  // the TP connected to system #1
    TP_02 = 10001:01:10 // the TP on the 2nd master.
    etc....

DEFINE_VARIABLE

volatile DEV Intercom_TPs[]=
    {
    TP_01
    ,TP_02
    ,etc....
    }

Perhaps the Bonjuour communications not happening wit a panel that is not technically connected to the main master via IP is the issue as well.

I wrote my own intercom module that is a bit less bloated and just hard-code in the IPs of the TPs and did it that way.

Hope some of this helps in some way.
    e
  • Options
    John PaulJohn Paul Posts: 143
    IPs of the TPS ?

Here the site, the controllers all have static IPS but the panels are all in DHCP under a different VLAN.

Also i have set up master to master, with the url list and also the touch panels have been added

dvTPFLBed4 = 10031:51:5
    dvTPFLDressingRm = 10033:51:5
    dvTP2FLR = 10034:51:6
    dvTP2FLPavilion = 10035:51:6
    dvTP2FLDressing = 10037:51:6
    dvTP2FLKitchen = 10039:51:6
    dvTPMetecom1 = 10007:1:7
    dvTPMetecom2 = 10002:51:8
    dvTPMetecom3 = 10003:51:8
    dvTPMetecom4

and added them to an array in the intercom panel

VOLATILE DEV dvTP_DPS_ARRAY[] = // AN ARRAY OF TOUCH PANEL DPS ADDRESSES
    { virtualTP, dvTPHomeTheatre1, dvTPHomeTheatre2,
    dvTPGym, dvTPDiwanya, dvTPSpa,
    dvTPMainEntrance, dvTPKitchen, dvTPGuestRm,
    dvTPSwimmingPl, dvTPMBRWall, dvTPMBRTbl1,
    dvTPMBRTbl2, dvTPMBRBathWall1, dvTPMBRBathWall2,dvTP1stfloorDressingRm,
    dvTPFLR, dvTPFLRWall, dvTPFLRKitchen,
    dvTPFLBed1, dvTPFLBed2, dvTPFLBed3,

but like you said guess i have to write my own module to make it work to my satisfaction.