Home AMX User Forum NetLinx Studio
Options

NS 3.1 cannot do device mapping

I've just upgraded to NS 3.1 in order to use the Tandberg module. However, it cannot do device mapping anymore. The previously mapped device become invalid devices and the only way to map is to use the custom device option. Is there anyway to fix this problem?

Comments

• Options
    ColzieColzie Posts: 470
    I also have this problem.

I had this issue with an earlier version, and a workaround was to close then reopen the workspace. The mapping information was only read when a workspace was opened, so any new device definitions were not available. In a later version of studio I *thought* this was fixed.

This new variation (darn mutating bugs) seems to almost never get the device information, with the rare exception of some Duet devices (41001+). For my re-certification practical I had to use the Custom mapping feature.

I've been meaning to report this bug to Tech support but have not as of yet.
  • Options
    AuserAuser Posts: 506
    NS deals very poorly with devices defined in include files. I have pretty much always had to use 'custom' to map devices due to the way my code tends to be structured.
  • Options
    ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    Auser wrote: »
    NS deals very poorly with devices defined in include files. I have pretty much always had to use 'custom' to map devices due to the way my code tends to be structured.

I've been using custom as well. It gets the gig done and that's all I want. Just don't change your device IDs later on and you're okay.
  • Options
    Jorde_VJorde_V Posts: 393
    Same issue, and restarting the application doesn't solve it anymore (though it says this in the new features: "Updating the Device Mapping list (in the Workspace and for Auto-Suggest/Auto-Complete) when saving a source code file.")

Also resorting to custom mapping. (annoyingly enough)
  • Options
    viningvining Posts: 4,368
    I don't know the last time I did device mapping. I send IR files directly to the port and can't imaging what else to map. I do always define my devices in my main code so there isn't a chance of duplicating numbers. If I want aotu complete to function I'll use the #IF NOT DEFINE 'named defiend in main' repeat device declaration #END IF in my .axi file
  • Options
    All of a sudden my source code files in the Workspace tree aren't available for custom device mapping either (0:1:2 for for the axs file destined for system 2, for example). Has anyone else run into this?
  • Options
    Jorde_VJorde_V Posts: 393
    All of a sudden my source code files in the Workspace tree aren't available for custom device mapping either (0:1:2 for for the axs file destined for system 2, for example). Has anyone else run into this?

Yes, also unable to map them.