Home AMX User Forum NetLinx Studio
Options

NI-900 and Axcent 3 (slave mode)

Hey you all!

I'm put a NI-900 as master and the Axcent as slave ... so every command work fine when I send with the terminal in Netlinx Studio ... but when I ran the programm sometimes the commands fail, I worked with Axcess several years ago ... I made the program like I make with only Netlinx systems, I need to change something? Put delay between the commands or something like that?

Thank you all!

Comments

• Options
    HedbergHedberg Posts: 671
    When in the "slave" mode, your Axcent 3 appears to be a box of Axlink devices -- just like any other Axlink devices. When you look at your "system" tree in Netlinx Studio, you will see all the device numbers for the Axcent 3 devices. You don't have to do any special programming to use these devices--normal Netlinx programming works fine, just like any other devices of the type (RS232, IR, etc). The Axlink bus is slower than the Netlinx bus, but I don't see that that should be much of an issue,

Perhaps you can be more specific with what you mean when you say that it sometimes fails. I've never seen any problem with slaving an Axcent 3.
  • Options
    Should we assume that you configured the Axcent 3 into slave mode. SET BASE DEVICE NUMBER <anything but 1> in Axcess Terminal Mode to the program port on the Axcent 3.
  • Options
    To add my two cents.

When an Axcess master is set to slave mode the first device is no longer 1. It becomes 1+the SET BASE DEVICE NUMBER. So if you set the base device number to 1 the first RS-232 port becomes DEVICE 2. This through me off for a while on a project some years back.
  • Options
    HedbergHedberg Posts: 671
    Yeah, need to know what the "base" is set to. Needs to avoid conflicts with any other Axlink devices, too. In any case, when you look at your device tree in Netlinx studio, it should show the devices as they appear to the master.
  • Options
    yuriyuri Posts: 861
    i have had the same with a NI-900 and Axcent 3 in slave mode...
    after some time the NI-900 would fail to receive input from the Axcent 3 (the input LED didn't light up, even when data was being sent from Axcent 3)

We have replaced the NI-900 with a NI-700 and all is well now :s
  • Options
    Could anyone share how this is done? I have an NetLinx controller already and I just bought an Axcent 3. I'd love to use this in slave mode off of the NetLinx. I'm assuming the two communicate over serial?
  • Options
    On second thought, I just found an AMX Tech Note that says AxLink is how it's done. How cool!