Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Applications and Solutions

TPControl iPhone/iTouch Programs/Interfaces

Hi,

I thought it would be nice to start a thread with some nice examples of TPControl integration.

There was somebody that was creating some sort of interface template to match the TPControl app with a "real" iPod app, and I would like to see that :)

I myself "hate" the fact that I can't scroll through pages like on a regular iPod app, so I came up with a solution.
The example .apw file I attached is pretty simple, but it shows what can be achieved :) There are 2 hidden multi-state bargraphs. One for "left to right" scrolling, and one for "top to bottom" scrolling. I think the rest is self-explanatory.

I think it's kinda nifty and it works great on my 1st generation iTouch!

Have fun with it!

/Y
iPod.AXW 207.3K

Comments

• CT-DallasCT-Dallas Posts: 157
    Another sample is here: http://amx.com/ui/file.asp?uiType=gElements&item=Sliding Popup Page Navigation

This uses levels as well. turn on the function map to see where they are onscreen.
  • Cameron DCameron D Posts: 31
    Lucky one

Hi Yuri,

You must of been one of the lucky one that got the TPControl integration but some of us missed out.

And its nice if you have the Updated of TPD4 for the iPhone/iPod Touch.

Any help on getting the software to me. Haha.
  • viningvining Posts: 4,368
    Looks like the forum link on the TPC site re-directs back to this forum. I guess it's time for an official sub forum so maybe it's time to get rid of the NS3.0 Beta test forum and add one for "Touch Panel Control" so that we're officially official.
  • ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    I downloaded it but have not gotten it to work. My phone doesn't always show up as available and it will not upload a TP file. I'll play with it more tomorrow.
  • yuriyuri Posts: 861
    eric, make sure your iPhone/iPod is connected to the same WiFi network as your laptop/PC.
    There haven't been any problems with TPTransfer for me :)
  • I have found that an OS4.0(beta) 3G iPhone does not appear in the TPTransfer list, 3.1 works perfect.
  • alexsquaredalexsquared Posts: 166
    Do we know if there is a potential to link the the panel app with a panel, or multiple panels, in a project? I am looking at giving it a try here at our corporate office. We have 3 AMX systems (all are disconnected from each other at the moment). I would like to try to use an Ipod touch as a "support" panel. Ie if there is an issue, I can jump into the room and take over. I would like to take over from the same page that it is currently on though, as opposed to having to navigate the initial start up pages. So I would need the app to potentially track where 3 separate system are, and jump into that same spot. Any thoughts on the possibility of doing this?
    Thanks.
  • Spire_JeffSpire_Jeff Posts: 1,917
    Why not just use iTeleport (Jaadu VNC) to connect to the panel with the problem? No additional programming and you see exactly what the user is seeing.

Jeff
  • alexsquaredalexsquared Posts: 166
    Spire_Jeff wrote: »
    Why not just use iTeleport (Jaadu VNC) to connect to the panel with the problem? No additional programming and you see exactly what the user is seeing.

Jeff

I have considered this, but just wanted to see how far we could take this app. Plus, it's great for a demo feature if we're trying to show it off to a potential customer.
    Thanks.
  • ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    yuri wrote: »
    eric, make sure your iPhone/iPod is connected to the same WiFi network as your laptop/PC.
    There haven't been any problems with TPTransfer for me :)

It ends up that there's some kind of issue with the firewall or whatnot. I first tried this at my home system. So, the wifi is the same. However, at home I run my Netlinx stuff on a VM on a Mac Mini. When I took the same file to a real PC on the network, it worked fine. I suppose I'll neeed to tweak on the VM a bit. Who knows what kind of black magic goes on when trying to split out that NIC card...

And, yes... They definitely need to be on the same network. I've tried testing it on several systems where the client wants outside access and this seems to be a bit of an issue. As is usually the case, speed is an issue.
  • Spire_JeffSpire_Jeff Posts: 1,917
    ericmedley wrote: »
    It ends up that there's some kind of issue with the firewall or whatnot. I first tried this at my home system. So, the wifi is the same. However, at home I run my Netlinx stuff on a VM on a Mac Mini. When I took the same file to a real PC on the network, it worked fine. I suppose I'll neeed to tweak on the VM a bit. Who knows what kind of black magic goes on when trying to split out that NIC card...

If you can put the network card on the VM into bridged mode, it should work. I use parallels and I found that I need to be in bridged mode for both Lutron and TPTransfer to work.

Jeff