Home AMX User Forum AMX Resource Management Suite Software

Monitoring presentation PC status with RMS

Is there any support for monitoring the status of a presentation PC with RMS ?

Perhaps some sort of agent that can be installed on the presentation PC to communicate with the Netlinx controller either over Ethernet or RS-232, which can then be used to provide status monitoring in RMS. Integration with vPro ?

Dave

Comments

• Thomas HayesThomas Hayes Posts: 1,164
    As of now, no. we have other software that our IT guy uses to warn us if there is a PC issue.
  • AuserAuser Posts: 506
    It would be possible to install i!-PCLinkWeb on the PC and throw up a flag in RMS when the PCLink device goes offline. Wouldn't tell you if the machine isn't quite operating right, but it will let you know if it's gone off into the weeds completely.
  • Jimweir192Jimweir192 Posts: 502
    If you use i!PCLink Powerpoint you'll be able to monitor the status of the PC and Powerpoint using RMS
  • Now, you would have to write custom RMS programming to achieve any of this, but should not be too difficult.

With i!-PCLinkWeb you can monitor several metrics:
    - PC Date/Time
    - PC Volume Level
    - PC Mute State
    - PC Resolution
    - PC Name
    - PC IP Address
    - PC logged on user

The you could also use ConnectLinx to register remote function in RMS such as
    - LOGOFF
    - REBOOT
    - OPEN WEB PAGES
    - SET VOLUME
    - SET MUTE

See the Programming i!-PCLink/Web :: Commands section of the help file:
    http://amx.com//techdocs/0332555.pdf

With i!-PCLinkPowerpoint you could monitor:
    - OperatingSystem Name
    - Power Point Version
    - Current Presentation Name
    - Current Slide Title
    - Total Slides Count
    - Current Slide Index

See the Programming i!-PCLink/PowerPoint :: Send_Commands section of the help file:
    http://amx.com//techdocs/i!-PCLinkPowerPoint.Instruction%20Manual.pdf

I am not aware if anyone has integrated these softwares before with RMS, so your mileage may vary, but it should be possible.