Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads AMX Applications and Solutions

TP4 Buglist - Add one for me

2»

Comments

• Copy Paste Buttons

I am running....
    Windows 7 Ultimate. Ver 6.1 (Build 7600)
    TP Design4 2.11.0 Build 619

I copy a button.... Then paste the button.... The new button has the same shape, size, position and text but all other properties are blank.... no image no port channel numbers... just a clear button with text....

I have uninstalled and reinstalled three times now and the problem persists. I have created a completely new TP4 file added a completely new button and the problem still exists.

I copy and paste an entire page/pop-up page and all buttons on the new page show up with text only.

The property painter works just fine to correct the buttons but this is extremely annoying and time consuming

Any ideas??
  • Joe HebertJoe Hebert Posts: 2,159
    Chevyman78 wrote: »
    I copy a button.... Then paste the button.... The new button has the same shape, size, position and text but all other properties are blank.... no image no port channel numbers... just a clear button with text....

Any ideas??
    From the menu bar Button-->Paste Controls or F9.
    Make sure the settings reflect you paste needs.
  • Thanks Joe

what a simple fix.... now the question is.... why did i loose those settings all of the sudden and why didn't tech support lead me there when I called TWICE....
  • ericmedleyericmedley Posts: 4,177
    I have discovered that I cannot send a panel file with TPD4 in Windows 7. It errors out. Any clues?
  • ColzieColzie Posts: 470
    ericmedley wrote: »
    I have discovered that I cannot send a panel file with TPD4 in Windows 7. It errors out. Any clues?

I've been on Win7 since October, no problems with TPD4. I upgraded from Vista, but even way back when I first installed TPD4 I don't remember doing anything special to get it to work.
  • Property Painter window off-screen

I'm running windows 7 64bit with TPDesign4 v3.3.0 build 672. When I click on the grab property's tool the Property Painter window pops up off-screen where I cant grab the top bar to move it. I have tried restarting the computer and TPDesign4, plugging in a different size monitor, re-sizing the display and application window, and cascading/arranging/docking all windows in the application. Nothing worked. Any suggestions or fixes?
    ChrisB wrote: »
    When I click on the grab property's tool the Property Painter window pops up off-screen where I cant grab the top bar to move it.

Clicking the Grab Properties Tool icon does not bring up the Property Painter.

From the menu bar go to View ---> Property Painter

Edit: If you still don't see it, report back for option B.
  • Joe Hebert wrote: »
    Clicking the Grab Properties Tool icon does not bring up the Property Painter.

From the menu bar go to View ---> Property Painter

Edit: If you still don't see it, report back for option B.

The issue still exist. Attached is a screen grab of what I am seeing.
    ChrisB wrote: »
    The issue still exist. Attached is a screen grab of what I am seeing.
    Option B:

I’m not recommending you do this but there are entries in the registry that look like they hold the top and left values for the Property Painter.

Here is the leg where Top and Left reside:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\AMX Corp.\TPDesign4\Settings\Property Painter

I saw the Top and Left entries get updated when I opened TPD4, moved the Property Painter, closed TPD4, and then refreshed the registry.

Again, I’m not recommending that you manually modify your registry but if you were so inclined the entries above seem to be the ones you would want to change.
  • DavidRDavidR Posts: 62
    just ran into this problem and can confirm it works. I entered 0 in the Left and Top fields and the property painter is now fully visible in the left top corner of my screen.

Thanks for this...
    Up Up and Away

Does anyone know which registry setting affects the TOP position of the TP4 Workspace floating window?

Or does anyone know how I can bring the window back down to earth?

See attached screen shot.

I don’t know how this was allowed to happen but it did.

Thanks.
  • John NagyJohn Nagy Posts: 1,734
    Under the VIEW drop menu, click "DOCK ALL FLOATING MENUS". The errant one will return to its spot on the side panel.

Then if you grab the top bar of the pane and drag it out to the work area and drop it, it will reset the new display location where you drop it. Then use the DOCK ALL to return it again.
    Perfect. Thanks John.