Home AMX User Forum AMXForums Archive Threads Tips and Tricks

Notepad++ Language Template

Is there a language template in the wild for Netlinx? Thanks.

Comments

• PhreaKPhreaK Posts: 966
    Not that I'm aware of.
  • the8thstthe8thst Posts: 470
    I would love it if someone took the time to make one.

I use Notepad++ as my default text editor and it would be great to get syntax highlighting (and code beatification) running when I FTP into my server to quickly double check a few details on an existing project.

I might have time to start looking into it next month, but that is fairly doubtful.
  • nicholasjamesnicholasjames Posts: 154
    For now, try applying the C/C++ template. It's certainly only part of the way there, but at least the comments, strings, numeric constants, and include statements are formatted differently.
  • ppdkppdk Posts: 31
    I have made a template a while ago but i found a minor bug. It does NOT show the multiline comments correctly when there is NO space between the (* characters.

e.g. This line will show up as comment: (* ******
    But this line will fail: (*******

I have attached the highlight file. I hope it will give you what you want :)
    By the way, do you know how to include it inside the Notepad++ ?

Kostas
  • PsyenceFactPsyenceFact Posts: 29
    An alternative NetLinx template to try

This may be a bit of an old thread, but I'm sure there are still people using Notepad++ for NetLinx code. Here's an alternative language template to the one provided by Kostas which people may find useful. The joy of these is that it's very easy to change font styles and the like to suit what works for you.

Andy
    Nice. Thank you.

Have you played with Sublime Text 2 at all? I switched from N++ to SB2 a while ago and haven't looked back.

http://www.sublimetext.com/
  • nickmnickm Posts: 152
    the8thst wrote: »
    Nice. Thank you.

Have you played with Sublime Text 2 at all? I switched from N++ to SB2 a while ago and haven't looked back.

http://www.sublimetext.com/

Do you have a language template for Sublime?
    nickm wrote: »
    Do you have a language template for Sublime?

No I don't. I use Netlinx Studio for AMX programming so debug, compiling, and transferring are all in the same place. I would love to use ST2 for AMX programming, but I don't see that happening.
  • PsyenceFactPsyenceFact Posts: 29
    Something that would make me switch for editing: auto-recognising DEFINE_FUNCTIONS and giving the option to jump to a function when right-clicking on its name. I've just installed TagsJump in Notepad++ to see if that can do the trick. Tagging event handlers to do the same from a context menu or keyboard shortcut would also be very nice.

Andy