Home BSS User Forum BSS Archive Threads Discussion Audio Architect with Soundweb London

Time adjustment on a blu device

Hi volks,
haven't been here for a while, but now back with a question :?

I wasn't using calender stuff on soundweb in the past, that's why I didn't care for the time on the devices to much. But now I'd like to use it, so I would need a way to adjust the time on the devices.
I hope there is another answer appart from \"If you go online, system time is pulled from your pc...\"
I don't believe there is a ntp client or similar, but hopefully there is a way adjusting time by ethernet or serial.

Regards, Rolf

Comments

• HARMAN_Jerome_KingHARMAN_Jerome_King Posts: 328
    edited January 2018
    Apart from going online with a PC there is no mechanism by which the clock can be set.
  • CinchCinch Posts: 40
    Hi Jerome,
    expected this answer, but what about the \"third party control interface kit\"
    there it is possible to set the time.

And found in AudioArchitect a message to subscribe to the time of a device.
    But I can't interpret the answer. Do you know how to decode the time returned to the subscibe message?
    Maybe If I know how to decode/encode the time string, then I'll be able to understand how the set time function in the control kit works.

This would be realy needed! Would solve me a big issue, so any help aprecheated.

Regards, Rolf
  • CinchCinch Posts: 40
    I've wiresharked, that the message sent by the di-tool is the following:
    This was setting the time maybe around 2:40pm on the 15.01.18
    02 88 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 1b 82 5a 5c bf db e8 03
    so message type 88 is a \"set value\" command
    hiqnet address 00 00 00 seems to be a broadcast.
    register 02 is the system time
    but how to interpret 5a 5c bf db as date and time????
    can anybody help????
  • The time in Soundweb is based on Unix Timestamp. The 4-byte Value in the string 02 88 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 1b 82 5a 5c bf db e8 03 represents the number of seconds that have elapsed since Jan 01 1970. The rest of the string uses VD 0, Object ID 0, SV ID 2.
    5a 5c bf db (4-byte Hex) = 1516027867 (decimal)
    Go to https://www.unixtimestamp.com/ Enter the decimal number and it will convert it to a time and date.